FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I took most of the day to scout a new area I plan to hunt this year. New to me, that is. The area itself is quite old, I suspect. Gigantic, pink sandstone cliffs, a family of canyon wrens (one of my favorite buddies when I'm hunting in the desert), grandfatherly juniper trees.
100_0436.JPG

100_0435.JPG

100_0433.JPG

100_0428.JPG

100_0424.JPG

100_0423.JPG

100_0427.JPG

A kitty was here!

Not pictured: The lonesome horse that trotted over from a quarter mile away to say hello; an extremely unhappy rufous-sided towhee who thought I was going to plunder his nest, the remains of a pioneer-era woodstove (the cabin that presumably housed it having long since rotted away), mourning doves, flickers, sagebrush lizards, a parasitic wasp dragging a wolf spider to its doom (I tried to photograph that but it was moving far too quickly), and quite a few deer. All in all, a completely acceptable day!

Last edited:
It's a bummer, living here in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by soul-enlarging country pretty much any direction I choose to go, where I frequently wander for an entire day and without seeing another person. The shopping is really awful, though. It's a cross I must bear. :lol:

I miss hiking through areas like that, the last time I was out that way was 2015, I hiked around Jackson Hole, Teton NP, Yellowstone NP. Bears tooth pass,Devils tower and the Black hills. Great times, lots of nature to see.

I miss hiking through areas like that, the last time I was out that way was 2015, I hiked around Jackson Hole, Teton NP, Yellowstone NP. Bears tooth pass,Devils tower and the Black hills. Great times, lots of nature to see.
Ah, Beartooth pass. Did you go down the Montana side? That is undoubtedly the craziest highway I've ever been on. (For those of you who have never been there, this doesn't begin to do it justice, but gives you an idea) When we were up there a few years ago, they were doing some road work. Somewhere around here there was a sign: Detour ahead. We all just started laughing. Where the heck are we gonna detour???

Where abouts in Wyoming are you? I spent a good portion of my life in Bighorn County (mostly) and we lived in Meeteetse up until the end of 2017.
East slope of the Wind RIvers, near Lander. But I grew up in Worland, and I really like the Meeteetse area!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back