A Fred Update

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
D

Deleted member 149562

I have had Fred a while now since his owner passed away and he is doing really very well.

Despite being 3 years old, he has actually grown quite a bit and his colouring seems to be getting bolder too.

He really is like a Springer Spaniel in temperment, always on the move, always comes to the glass when I am close to his aquarium and even feeds from my fingers too, which is quite a surprise. He has a great personality...I still would not place him with other fish though since when doing maintenance he makes it perfectly clear just who owns the aquarium....in no uncertain terms.

He has quite stunning colours...he doesn't sit still for photo's though....its the inner Springer Spaniel crazyness ;)

IMG_20220726_132516_resized_20220726_012541516.jpg

Wow he is gorgeous!

Fred is obviously a happy little sausage cos he has spent the morning bubble nesting...and he's really rather proud of his efforts too :D

IMG_20220802_121316_resized_20220802_121342130.jpg

IMG_20220802_121313_resized_20220802_121342493.jpg

IMG_20220802_121305_resized_20220802_121342798.jpg

Unfortunately this is not a happy update.

For the week or so Fred had been slowing down, not eating as much as usual. Outwardly there were no blemishes or injuries or obvious signs of illness, but his colouration had started to fade a little.

I have no idea exactly how old he was when my neighbour got him. I do know that her daughter bought him and that he was kept for 3 years.

Sadly the little terror passed away overnight last night.

When I woke this morning, he didn't come to the glass to greet me.....something he did without fail every day - usually to beg for food or to play chase with my fingers (fingers outside the aquarium, he would chase them all over the place, he was very playful when not flaring at the snails, filter, heater, BN, rocks, sand and everything else in his aquarium)

He had a very good life with his original owner who spoilt him massively, he lived for almost 7 months with me, again totally spolt.

He was a tempermental class clown, cheeky and playful...and the most gorgeous colouration. For an older Betta (estimated to be close to or actually 4+ years old), he was an active fellow and only showed his age in the last week or so when his usual get up and go seemed to fade along with his vibrancy

Hopefully he was a happy soul when he fell asleep for the last time. I was happy to have him for the short time that he was here...even if he was a little red menace sometimes when he went for my hands when doing maintenance. He had no outward signs of health issues so I can only assume that his age caught up with him (as it does with all of us eventually)

RIP Fred Betta. A good life for a cute little hooligan.

Oh, sad news. I know you were very fond of him. Sorry for your loss.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back