A few Scottish tunes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I had bagpipes at my wedding and wore a kilt of my own Tartan being surname Buchanan , we got married on the east bank of Loch Lomond cost a fortune being English not Scottish but the registrar told us that we are the first Buchanan’s to get married in buchanan clan land for over a 100 years probably why it cost nearly 10k lol , do you play bagpipes also ?

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. @Guyb93 No I don't play bagpipes. I have a good friend who is an amazing piper, and we frequently collaborate musically. So if I need pipes, I just recruit her, and never felt the need to take them up myself. :) That's extremely cool about your wedding, though not the cost. :eek: About 20 years ago I got to visit my ancestral lands. My ancestors were of the Gunn clan, in Caithness and Sutherland. It was a wonderful experience and I very much want to take my daughter back there some day.

I wanted to wear my kilt when Mrs. Badger and I got married, but she vetoed the idea. I guess she didn't want my dress to be prettier than hers. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. @Guyb93 No I don't play bagpipes. I have a good friend who is an amazing piper, and we frequently collaborate musically. So if I need pipes, I just recruit her, and never felt the need to take them up myself. :) That's extremely cool about your wedding, though not the cost. :eek: About 20 years ago I got to visit my ancestral lands. My ancestors were of the Gunn clan, in Caithness and Sutherland. It was a wonderful experience and I very much want to take my daughter back there some day.

I wanted to wear my kilt when Mrs. Badger and I got married, but she vetoed the idea. I guess she didn't want my dress to be prettier than hers. :lol:
Luckily we had help paying for the wedding as I’m not a man of money lol and my wife wasn’t keen on the idea of me in a kilt but I think she got into the whole Scottish wedding thing and ended up loving it on the one exception I wore underwear ahaha as I was going to go full William Wallace n hope for no wind lol

Most reactions

trending

Back