A few questions on smaller ponds...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
๐Ÿ† Click to enter! ๐Ÿ†

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Reaction score
Hi! So I jokingly brought up to my mom that we should do a mini pond when she asked what we should do ๐Ÿ˜…... Well then she started asking questions I didn't know... And now its got me wondering...

1) For smaller ponds, how would fish such as smaller gold fish do during winter? Around here it can get to about 30ยฐF at night or lower during winter seasons...

2) For smaller ponds how would you stop an overflow as it rains a ton here and sometimes makes are front yard into a light swamp

3) How do you power pumps when the outlet is in an annoying place ๐Ÿ˜…

Thanks for any help!

Hi! So I jokingly brought up to my mom that we should do a mini pond when she asked what we should do ๐Ÿ˜…... Well then she started asking questions I didn't know... And now its got me wondering...

1) For smaller ponds, how would fish such as smaller gold fish do during winter? Around here it can get to about 30ยฐF at night or lower during winter seasons...

2) For smaller ponds how would you stop an overflow as it rains a ton here and sometimes makes are front yard into a light swamp

3) How do you power pumps when the outlet is in an annoying place ๐Ÿ˜…

Thanks for any help!
1. somewhere you mentioned you had a big pond, so maybe move the little goldfish in to live with its parents for a while
2. make a canal thing to let it flow into the drain...
3. i got a solar powered pump.

1. somewhere you mentioned you had a big pond, so maybe move the little goldfish in to live with its parents for a while
2. make a canal thing to let it flow into the drain...
3. i got a solar powered pump.
I do not have a larger pond sadly... Never have had a pond before...

What do you mean by "make a canal to a drain", like somehow connect the pond to the street?

That's a very good idea for the pump! Thank you!

I do not have a larger pond sadly... Never have had a pond before...

What do you mean by "make a canal to a drain", like somehow connect the pond to the street?

That's a very good idea for the pump! Thank you!
oh then make a really big tank inside.

i mean you can dig a little canal thing to funnel the water into a plant for example

oh then make a really big tank inside.

i mean you can dig a little canal thing to funnel the water into a plant for example
Yah, I couldn't have another tank inside ๐Ÿ˜

I'm still not sure of how well this would work... When it downpours here it makes some fairly big puddles and can make our rivers here rise quite a bit... I can only imagine what a downpour would do to a small pond

Yah, I couldn't have another tank inside ๐Ÿ˜

I'm still not sure of how well this would work... When it downpours here it makes some fairly big puddles and can make our rivers here rise quite a bit... I can only imagine what a downpour would do to a small pond
hmmmmmmmmmm
im stumped
1645507717914.png

Orrrr you could a mini pond with no filtration. Just plants.
that would make the water into a mosquito breeding machine
maybe add a lil pump for some frogs and wildlife

Orrrr you could a mini pond with no filtration. Just plants.
I do like that idea but my mom likes the idea of some sort of water feature... And I'm not sure whether or not no water flow would cause it to freeze over during the winter

Most reactions

trending

Back