A Few Questions, Lighting, Co2, Flow

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dan-CR4

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My setup :

Aquairium Size : 266 litre tank, 41"x24"x18".
Filter One : Aqua Zonic 1800LPH (although prob less with media)
Filter Two : Aqua Zonic 800LPH (although prob less with media)
Extra Flow : 3000 Lph Powerhead (only on when co2 is on)
Co2 : DIY Fire Ext Setup
Co2 Diffuser : Up External Atomizer (connected to filter two.
Heater : Hydor Externall 300 watt (connected to filter one)
Lighting one : 2 x 39w ( lighting time 1.30pm to 9.00pm)
Lighting Two : 2 x 39w ( lighting time 4pm to 8pm )
Plants : Sagittaria subulata Dwarf Grass, 5 x Aponogeton natans bulb, others that I need to get id on.
Ferts : Dosing 50ml of solutions made up of Aquarium Plant foods EI Starter kit.
Substrate : Molar Clay

Question 1 : Do you think my lighting is too much? lighting times ok? any changes ?

Question 2 : My Co2 is getting to lime green after around 3 hours, and goes off 2 hours before lights out at 9pm, But my bubble counter is going so fast that I cant count the bubbles. do you think im ok as is, or should I up it a little, im pretty paranoid as my in tank diffuser broke last year why I was out and I lost some fish as the co2 overloaded the tank, thats why I now got an external Attomizer/Diffuser. Im that paranoid now that when it reaches lime green i get frightened its gonna go onto yellow and hurt the fish.

The main thing im concerned about is over doing the co2, as those bubbles are so fast theres no way anyone could count them. anyone else got a tank this size? how many bubbles per second are you dosing?

Anything else you can comment on that you think would help in this tank flourishing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back