A Few Problems

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kipsie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I needed an idea for decorations to put into my 10-gallon tank.
I have gravel.
That's it.

Okay, so what works for decoration and hidey places?
Glass marbles? Ceramic pots? What type of plants? Fake plants? I hear coconuts work.

The only lighting I have is a bendable desk lamp.
Is that bad?

How do I use a hose as a gravel vacuum?

ina small ten gallon tank, a tall bit of wood (mopani etc) which you can buy from a store. and have plants growing up around it. live plants are better as they help maintain water quality.
you can only use a desk top lamp if your not haveing live plants otherwise they will die and you will need a flourescent light for them.
but a lamp would be fine for fish.

hope this helps :good:

ina small ten gallon tank, a tall bit of wood (mopani etc) which you can buy from a store. and have plants growing up around it. live plants are better as they help maintain water quality.
you can only use a desk top lamp if your not haveing live plants otherwise they will die and you will need a flourescent light for them.
but a lamp would be fine for fish.

hope this helps :good:

Thanks.
Could I use the flurecant bulb in my lamp or buy a new light machine?

Also, just some cool rocks. I get mine from a local beach (of a freshwater lake) and clean them then steralize them by pouring boiling water over them and letting them sit until it cools. You can buy rocks from a fish store too. Oh and I should say, test the rock by pouring a bit of vinegar on them, if it fizzes don't use the rock... too much salt content I think.

You can get good ideas by looking at the "members aquarium section" and the "Tank of the month" section.

Also, just some cool rocks. I get mine from a local beach (of a freshwater lake) and clean them then steralize them by pouring boiling water over them and letting them sit until it cools. You can buy rocks from a fish store too. Oh and I should say, test the rock by pouring a bit of vinegar on them, if it fizzes don't use the rock... too much salt content I think.

You can get good ideas by looking at the "members aquarium section" and the "Tank of the month" section.

Hi there,its not salt content as such that makes the bubbles,its nomally alkali in the rock caused by lime or calcium carbonate and or other trace carbonates ,the vinegar is mildy acidic which causes it to fizz basically. No fizzing means an inert rock. Although for fish that prefer higher ph levels then neutral alkali biased rock is better as it raises the ph. Hope this helps

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back