A Few Pictures Of My New Planted Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scouse_andy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I set up my Juwel Rio 300 yesterday with a load of plants and bogwood. I'm quite happy with the results for once so here are some pictures of the tank:

Side view:

6pgcsph.jpg

Front view:

6svaptf.jpg

Left side of tank:

8212bsj.jpg

Right side of tank:

6jq8vbc.jpg

And some of the fish in there:

One of my pair of Bolivian Rams:

8f0o383.jpg

My two Siamese Flying Foxes:

80o5fo3.jpg

and my shoal of Hengel Rasbora:

8geawco.jpg

I am hoping to add a nice shoal of Congo Tetras and some Denison's Barbs over the next few months.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you cycle it? Love the plant's!

I have a mature external on it and a mature internal which is attached to the front glass spoiling the pictures for the time being. I have also kept some of the mature media from my Rio 240 to put into the internal filter column. Thanks for your comments.

Tank looks great matey!!

Craig

Cheers Craig. I am pretty proud of this. I am such a perfectionist but for once I am happy and I expect it to look better as the tall swords at the back and the Vallis in the middle grow.

Nice harlequins, not seen any like that before :)

Nice harlequins, not seen any like that before :)

Yeah they are very nice fish, shoal quite tightly and are hardy too. I've had them about four months now. They are often labelled as Copper Harlequins but I think the proper name for them is Hengels or Hengeli Rasbora. They have been in most of the Maidenhead Aquatics I have visited. I think they stay a little smaller than true Harlequins.

Very nice tank. And again, I've never see those type of Rasbora too. Their very nice. :good:

fantastic :hyper: what CO2 are you using? Is it pressurized?

Will

I am using Seachem flourish plant food and flourish excel liquid carbon. It's only been set up for a few days so hope I can keep things looking as lush as they do now. I have a planted journal up and running on here, link in my signature. There's a lot more info about the setup - and how it's changed over the last eight months or so if you are interested.

Today I have bought a shoal of 6 Congo Tetras and also 3 Keyhole cichlids, I couldn't resist the keyholes, they looked so cool. I've taken a few pics of the new fish so may add later.

A picture of my Juvenile Bristlenose Plec, who was coveniently draped over a bit of bogwood at the front of the tank, posing:

86o5ke1.jpg

Five of my six Congo Tetras, only introduced today. They've been hanging around like this together:

8f2vwon.jpg

The Hengel Rasbora in a similar formation a bit higher up:

89q8d2h.jpg

And one of my three newly introduced Keyhole Cichlids admiring himself in the glass. Can't blame him, they are so cute and so small at the moment. I couldn't resist. I'm hoping that as they grow I will get a pair:

6kk8rxk.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back