A few invertbrates I want

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
I have found some invertabrates that caught my eye and I am intrigued to buy them. :drool:

1. The "Camel Shrimp" aka. "Dancing Shrimp". I know these are harmful to corals and the like, however mine is a FOWLR tank. It's the only shrimp I can afford and it looks quite nice. :) The Prices here are weird though so don't bother recommending me any other shrimps. Would a camel shrimp be suitable for a 5 gallon SW nano?

2. Any brittlestars are ok? (Except the green ones - I know)

3. I saw this small urchin at my lfs recently and I must say it looked nice indeed. I have no idea what type it is however it has blunt white spines, a purpulish/greyish body and was maybe an inch in diamter. 2 inches with spines. Can anyone identify this? Or simply put - is any urchin suitable for a 5 gallon? I'll try and get a picture or better identification at some time later.

Ta mateyz, :cool:

Feel free to put in 2 or three of the camel shrimp.

Serpent stars would be a no no in a tank that size.
Not generaly considered agressive, but they are opportunistic feeders, and in a tank that small....shudder.. :D

Someone else will have to info you on the urchin. Can't have one so I have never bothered "learnin up" on them.

GL

Thanks GL! :D

If anyone has any info on the sea urchin I described, or a sea urchin that is ok for a 5 gallon or if any sea urchin is suitable for a 5 gallon in general, then it's my only question left.

Tnx. :thumbs:

Sea urchin is not really gonna work in a nano.
They need algae or coraline algae so this means they can wipe out 2 or 3 gallons worth in a single evening. they would starve after a few weeks.

I'll bet that you could suppliment an urchin with Norri or some other dried leefy green.

There are many types of uchin i do grant you. However, mine eats only Coraline and nothing else. Considering the difficulty eelzor has at getting certain species of marine life, i really do not recomend it.

Ok Tnx for the info pplz. :thumbs:

Navarre,

I finally found a store with plenty of cleaner crew hermits/snails and I bought some. This store is the one with the urchin. By the way it's looking like it, chances are I won't get it however I'll look into the urchin and seek info about it from that LFS.

I'll keep you updated. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back