a dilemma

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fiddlesticks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Iv got to remove my id sharks from there tank so I can to a complete cleaning on their tank. Ever since I got them and the tank free there has been a terrible algae problem. The brownish red stuff eeeeeeeeeew! I have been awaiting the warm weather so that I can take the tank out side and use the hose to make sure the bleach is totally rinsed out.
So the warm weather is here. Its time to get to work on it. My dillemma is that id sharks are sooooo stupid and spooky. Im worried the process of putting them into a bucket will stress them to the point that they will hurt themselves. Anyone who has these guys will know what Im talking about. If they get even a little stressed they swim around so frantically you can here them going BONG THUD off the glass. I think this is also because they dont see very well. They are constantly getting little bruises and bumps on there nose from this. So my question is has anyone done this in way so they didnt get too stressed out. Any tips for making them more calm while there in the bucket would help.

Thanks
Fiddle

Maybe try keeping them in the dark while they are in the bucket as thier motabilizm(not spelled right) slows down at night so "trick" them into thinking it is night time. Might work, might not. Just a thought.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back