A couple questions from a new fishkeeper

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TylerAquatics

Reaction score
Hey guys! Kind of new to the hobby. I already have a 20 gallon all stocked up and my neighbor gave me his 10 gallon for free a week back. I'm in the process of making it a heavily planted tank and first putting a Scarlett Badis into it. I don't think the fish stores by me have that fish in stock at the moment so my uncle who is a lot more experienced than me suggested that I get it from Live Aquaria after my tank is cycled. I was wondering how do they ship the fish since it's alive and what do they keep it in when its being delivered? Also, I know they're finicky eaters and I'd like to try my hand at feeding them live blackworms for the first time. Like the Badis, I don't think my local fish stores have any of them and wont for a while. Where could I buy a small sample of blackworms online? I'd rather not buy it in bulk yet since I have no experience with them.
Thank you
Tyler

Most live fish are shipped in a bag that has oxygen at the top, which is placed inside a box. The box is usually well insulated and a heat pack is usually added if temps are expected to be lower than what the fish is used to. I don't have any experience in buying black worms online, though.

Interesting stuff. Thank you for the reply. Off topic but when my tank is cycled, do you think I could get away with adding a couple mystery snails at the same time as the Badis? Or would that be too much in one go?

Interesting stuff. Thank you for the reply. Off topic but when my tank is cycled, do you think I could get away with adding a couple mystery snails at the same time as the Badis? Or would that be too much in one go?
Those type of snails can have a high bio-load... but when added to a completely cycled tank, I believe 1-3 of them wouldnt hurt.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back