A Cherry Shrimp Hatching

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Liam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
It’s the egg closest to the tail that is hatching. Most of the eggs had hatched by the time I took the photos a baby is visible in the first pic, the whitish blob in the bottom corner.
The mums usually hide in moss in a dark place while the eggs hatch. I could just about photograph these with the moss in front still they show the hatching, the photos are in the order they were taken a span of less than three minutes. The first one is just a nice pic of a mum with eggs close to hatching.

cheg2.jpg

beg1.jpg
beg3.jpg

beg4.jpg
beg5.jpg

beg6.jpg
beg7.jpg

beg8.jpg
beg10.jpg

:)

Wow :eek: :hyper: How do you do it Liam?! Have you been stalking your shrimps? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic pics as always :good: :good:

Thanks Paul, Angel iSnail and Barney.
I haven’t been stalking them :blush: :lol: its actually only the second time I saw it happening, last time I put an extra light on the tank to get the pics and the mum hopped off into the dark this time the mum waited until this one hatched. It’s a pretty large tank they are in so they usually hide in the dark to hatch the babies. The camera is in the same room as them so if by chance they are doing anything interesting I can photo them. Barney the camera is a D400 with a 60mm lens.

It’s a family forum but I think its okay to post this mating pic as they have shells on, :) this female is unusually big.

mat.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back