A Brazil adventure

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

A heap of people do things like, if i remember correctly Jools from planetcatfish goes with a group every year up the amazon and other parts of the world to catch catfish

I'd love to do something like that one day :nod:

Nice sideline of the hobby for the filthy rich :( Trips like that cost a small fortune to do properly and doing it on the cheap just isnt a good idea in the wilds of South America!

CFC said:
Nice sideline of the hobby for the filthy rich :( Trips like that cost a small fortune to do properly and doing it on the cheap just isnt a good idea in the wilds of South America!
your not wrong there CFC, read the article...

1000 pounds for the trip alone! on top of that you need to pay for the airfare and food :/

I read the full artical back in May's edition of the magazine, was quite good but a bit short really.

You can also add the cost of the various permits you need from the local governments to be able to fish legally and the cash backhanders it takes to get them, on top of that is also transport hire and the cost of employing a good local guide, you can easily measure a trip like this as costing around 4 to 5 thousand pounds per person.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back