A Bold Return...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RainboWBacoN420

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I might seem to be over reacting here... But I am so excited and.... Mostly confused.
I had three Cherry Shrimp in my 15 gallon a long time ago, probably 2 or even possibly 3 months ago. Two of them died, and the other just vanished... Never found his body and I assumed he was also dead.
I get out of the shower, turn on the lights and there he is... The last Cherry Shrimp just hanging out on the driftwood. I am lost for words...
Over the time he's been gone, I've rescape the tank, practically moving everything around and I still couldn't find his body.
But nope, there he lays, perfectly red and looking healthy... How-? I am so... Confused but also kind of relieved...
Anyone got any similar experiences..?

Was the wood dry? I've had pond snails survive in dry gravel for a few weeks, but your situation is incredible 

Brodeur30 said:
Was the wood dry? I've had pond snails survive in dry gravel for a few weeks, but your situation is incredible 

I took out the driftwood at one point while I was rescaping. I have a feeling he either only came out at night, while the lights were off, or he had been lost in the driftwood, as there's many openings and probably a complex cave system. I don't know, but his comeback was just... unexpected. I wonder if my lost assassin snail is still alive... There's never been an ammonia spike or anything...

Oh wow. I had a khuli loach hide out in an ornament that I moved from another tank and I didn't know he was in there until weeks after. I also had a small crayfish end up in one of my tanks when I had only purchased adults, and they were long gone when I found him. I love little surprises like this though

I have a lot of vanishing fish and never found any bodies but never been lucky enough to have any of them reappear. That's amazing!

I thought One of my Cichlids ate my Striped Raphael catfish and after the cichlids died a mysterious death add the tank shut down for about 3 months half full of water.

When I was giving a 55gal set up with fish and when I was cleaning out the 29gal to put the 55gal the Raphael was hiding in the gravel ALIVE! I felt so bad but was so happy since he was in the group of first fish i ever bought.

he's 9 years old now and happy as can be just being lodged between two rocks. I'll catch him out and about maybe once every six months

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back