A blanket weed issues

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guppy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, Firstly I no that folk will say adjust the light and feed less which is good advise but things have changed !! I never had this before while running a power filter but now down to a sponge all checks out ok but obviously don't have the flow now. 1 mum platy, 6 babies and 8 glow lites in a heavy planted tank.
the plants always seemed to wilt over time which didn't make me happy let's say, so I go a 6500k strip which is bright as hell and now I get this blanket weed which I fish out with a fork, much like twisting spaghetti , but it's annoying now. Something is wrong. Any tips ?

How warm is your tank. Algae doesn't like water with a high oxygen content by lowering your temperature you can increase the oxygen content of your tank. Also increase your filtration will help. As a rule the more plant you have the less algae, as the plants produce oxygen.

Hi all, Firstly I no that folk will say adjust the light and feed less which is good advise but things have changed !! I never had this before while running a power filter but now down to a sponge all checks out ok but obviously don't have the flow now. 1 mum platy, 6 babies and 8 glow lites in a heavy planted tank for dandelion weed remover.
the plants always seemed to wilt over time which didn't make me happy let's say, so I go a 6500k strip which is bright as hell and now I get this blanket weed which I fish out with a fork, much like twisting spaghetti , but it's annoying now. Something is wrong. Any tips ?
Have you got the solution?

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back