A bit morbid

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So this is probably a bit morbid but I use my dead snails as a decoration in my tank. I love snail shells so if one happens to die I clean it out and put the shell back into my tank. Am I alone in this?

So this is probably a bit morbid but I use my dead snails as a decoration in my tank. I love snail shells so if one happens to die I clean it out and put the shell back into my tank. Am I alone in this?
At least you cleaned out the dead material first.
I'd still be worried about waste organic material finding its way into the shells though.
I'd also be cautious, if you had more than a few, of you altering the hardness/pH of the water.

At least you cleaned out the dead material first.
I'd still be worried about waste organic material finding its way into the shells though.
I'd also be cautious, if you had more than a few, of you altering the hardness/pH of the water.
I do take them out when I clean, I keep the hole down so not much makes it into the shell also
One tank has one shell and my other has 2 shells

Do they happen to die when you think: a snail shell would look great in that corner. Or? 👀

Imaging having this and keeping live snails in it!! Now that is morbid, putting snails in their own cemetery, scrolling past empty shells in an existentialist nightmare :)

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 43
What a snail thinks: "uummmm, crawl around, eat algae, breed, uuummmm, crawl around..."
What a snail thinks when it sees an empty snail shell: "uuummmmm, crawl around, eat algae, breed, uummmm, crawl around..."
Sometimes it's a blessing not being very smart. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back