A Big Thanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
Reaction score
I would just like to take a moment to thank all the members here at TFF for all the help I've received. When I first joined in November, I really new nothing about fish keeping. My tank was full of plastic and it looked terrible.
My tank in January of this year:
1656081092824.png

My tank now:
IMG_5439.JPG

While it still has a ways to go its much much better than it was.

My other tanks:

Just did some maintenance on this one so its a bit foggy
IMG_9270.jpg

Clown killi tank
IMG_5416.JPG

Again, thank you all for all your help :)

I would just like to take a moment to thank all the members here at TFF for all the help I've received. When I first joined in November, I really new nothing about fish keeping. My tank was full of plastic and it looked terrible.
My tank in January of this year:
View attachment 161905
My tank now:
View attachment 161907

While it still has a ways to go its much much better than it was.

My other tanks:

Just did some maintenance on this one so its a bit foggy
View attachment 161908

Clown killi tank
View attachment 161909

Again, thank you all for all your help :)
Fantastic progress 🙂 well done 👍

I loved seeing the progression too! It's amazing what a difference joining a forum like this can make to your hobby! :D

Tanks are looking so good! Is that a multi tank in the second one with all the shells? I really like the wood arrangement in the neons tank too, it's visually interesting and draws you into the scene. Very cool!

Tanks are looking so good! Is that a multi tank in the second one with all the shells? I really like the wood arrangement in the neons tank too, it's visually interesting and draws you into the scene. Very cool!
Thanks!
Close! The second tank is Neolamprologus Similis. Very similar except that on the multi the stripes continue onto the head. (it might be the other way around)
My mom thinks the neon tank looks like chaos lol

Thanks!
Close! The second tank is Neolamprologus Similis. Very similar except that on the multi the stripes continue onto the head. (it might be the other way around)
My mom thinks the neon tank looks like chaos lol
Chaos can be fascinating and very interesting!

Just looked it up and I was wrong
Similis:
View attachment 161912
Multi:
View attachment 161913
Oh wow! I never would have been able to tell the difference if you hadn't already said! lol. Very cool little fish! Just saw "shell dwellers" when seeing the scape, and multis are always the first to come to mind for me. But it's even cooler that you have a similar but different species :)

Oh wow! I never would have been able to tell the difference if you hadn't already said! lol. Very cool little fish! Just saw "shell dwellers" when seeing the scape, and multis are always the first to come to mind for me. But it's even cooler that you have a similar but different species :)
very fascinating to watch. Ive got 3 in there so I hope they breed... They are quite expensive though for their size. I paid 30 bucks each!

very fascinating to watch. Ive got 3 in there so I hope they breed... They are quite expensive though for their size. I paid 30 bucks each!
Oh wow! I can definitely see why you'd hope they breed! Crossing fingers for you!
I don't know anything about them except that they live in shells. But with other fish, there are usually tips and tricks you can use to try to encourage spawning (if your three are old enough); like using live food and cooler water changes for cories. Are there ways you can encourage yours to get breeding?

Are there ways you can encourage yours to get breeding?
Yes. A varying diet of frozen and live foods, lowering than raising temps(i think), keeping the water hard, keeping ph high. Mine are still juveniles i believe, so it might take a while for them to start. I'm pretty sure I have 2 males and 1 female which is not ideal but I should work.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back