911 BETTA HELP

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

despreauxb

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
bavent been able to find my betta since last night, it took about 10 minutes of removing stuff from his tank to find him and he was laying in the gravel on his side not swimming. I took him out of tank so I would could see if he would swim and he didn't move. He's still breathing. Whay can I do??
Update; Biggie died over that night, however he had yellow sloptches and the scales on his head were raised so I think he has an infection.

Attachments

• 20210506_114928.jpg
    20210506_114928.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
bavent been able to find my betta since last night, it took about 10 minutes of removing stuff from his tank to find him and he was laying in the gravel on his side not swimming. I took him out of tank so I would could see if he would swim and he didn't move. He's still breathing. Whay can I do??
looks like some sorta gill damage/infection
what is your params? i think that has something to do with it

Without full details of the tank and parameters, we can't make suggestions or give advice

looks like some sorta gill damage/infection
what is your params? i think that has something to do with it
My ammonia was high was I did q 75% water change like 2 days ago and it went down to 25ppm. I know its still high so I've been using ammonia down. My ph is 7.4 (working on getting that lower) nitrates was 0ppm and nitrates is 20ppm i do believe but I have plants that should help lower it. This was after the water change.

Without full details of the tank and parameters, we can't make suggestions or give advice
I just replied to someone else with the tank parameters, I did find him under a decorations that he loved to play in

You need to do a large WC with a proper water conditioner, like Seachem Prime or API Tap Water Conditioner, ASAP

He is suffering from ammonia poisoning

My ammonia was high was I did q 75% water change like 2 days ago and it went down to 25ppm. I know its still high so I've been using ammonia down. My ph is 7.4 (working on getting that lower) nitrates was 0ppm and nitrates is 20ppm i do believe but I have plants that should help lower it. This was after the water change.
ammonia is too high even 0.1 is too high.. nitrate 20 ok

Keep performing large waterchanges until the ammonia is at 0

Also I found him under a decoration he played in and my other fish seem to be doing fine. I did a 75% water change like 2 days ago

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back