90L Planted Adventure

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gazzaeng

Reaction score
Hello and welcome everyone.

I've got an aquaone 620t and just in the process of setting it up. I have had tropical before but got carried away and just threw bits in overstocked my tank and generally didn't know what I was doing. Well hopefully it will be different this time. I currently have a 600l marine tank. But I have convinced the wife to let me go back to tropical aswell.

I want to concentrate more on the aquascaping this time. As I said I have an aquaone 620 got it at a good price I'm not that confident with the filter it has and it's setup but I will give it a go and may change it in the future if anyone has any suggestions.

Also I'm thinking about if I change the filter I may take off the top plastic surround and have it as an open top tank maybe?

Hope you all can follow and help along the way and all comments are welcome even if it's saying that looks crap but be nice.

fa0104cd21de1740b8b72dd644793785_zpsf5798485.jpg

hope you're not going to fill it up there? ;)

good start.
what are you planning to do?
what type of plants for the back, middle and front area?
what type of fish
biggrin.png

also a tip, not saying yours look bad or anything of the matter, when placing decor in the tank if you place it at a 30-45 degree angle it'll do wonders. also before filling it up and planting it take a step back and look again.. so later on in time you aren't all disappointed that you didn't more a rock or something.
I find that having no rocks in the middle, and having the decor on either side of the tank angel to 30-45 degrees inward will give huge amounts of depth to the tank.
Also have you looked at spider wood?

First, you got to think of a list of fishes you are interested in..
Then we will go from there and start looking for the conditions that suit them..

Your tank looks good enough though.. more with plants maybe.. :)

Slowly but Surely! All the best!

Slick tank! I like it a lot! Curved glass looks sweet. One thing to remember about floating plants in a planted is that they will shadow the lower plants. Some like the Anubias don't mind some shade, however, stem plants/high light plants like ludwigia would perish with a shadow.

Thanks for all the input all welcome and helpfull.

I'm not sure of the fish as yet but part of the deal of me getting the tank was upgrading what was in my sons room he's only 11 months old so it's obviously for me. So the fish in there have to go into this one. There is 4 neons and 4 guppies and 2 shrimp.

For plants I have got hygrophila for the back right as that's were my co2 diffuser will be so that will hide it.
On the wood will be moss.
At the back left will be alternanthera to add some colour and hide the filter tube.

Going up the slope will be some grass like plant can't remember the name. And on the flat will be pogostemon to look like bushes.?

That a rough plan I'm goin to try a few other layouts I'll post pics of different ideas.

I like the idea of having decor either side and the rocks at a 30 degree angle.

The last one looks good :)

Will definitely be following!

i was thinking a.nice wood maybe driftwood that has lots of hanging out branches..it will certainly compliment your.rocks in there... if you are going for the neons stock, make it a 10 maybe.. they will look nice in a big group.. :)

My favorite is definitely the second option on the previous post :)

I agree with you allydawn17 I think I have my final one now I've gone with the second but with a few small alterations.
Hopefully you will be able to see what I'm try on to achieve. What I had in my head was a river with the river banks either side I know you can never recreate nature.

There is only a light covering of sand over at the mo just incase I have to change it. The middle section with the light sand will mostly stay like that?

cc74c3cdf848cc726112f0d276d0ba7f_zpsf6fd9334.jpg

Nope, it wont. Sand never stays how you want it. I would maybe buy a small bag of lanscaping pea gravel, rinse it well, and use it instead of sand

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back