90 Gallon Unheated Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow, big tank.
Btw, be careful not to injure yourself when you move the tank by yourself especially your back.
Yeah, regret moving it by myself the first time. But, now I know better for next time (which is hopefully not for a couple of years). That was so heavy, too! Once I was finished moving it, my muscles were just screaming. Thankfully I am pretty young still and didn't pull anything, even if I am out of shape.
I wish I could have kept my 6 ft tank, but the rental company put a big no on that. They said I couldn't have any single tank over 100 gallons. So I came in just under that at 90, with an 80 gallon also in the living room.
It is a 4 foot tank, so I hope my goldfish and dojo loaches will be happy in there.
When I was rearranging the plants in the very back, I had to stand on my tip toes to reach up, over, and down into the bottom. I think I might use a step stool next time, and I wish the standard tank stands came in different heights.

View attachment 134729
I can't believe I managed to move this monster all by myself! That is what I get for letting anxiety rule my life (makes me feel bad when I have to ask for help...).

View attachment 134731

I got it with sand and water. 60 lbs of petco black sand, and a couple of agates and rocks my mom gave me. She is a rockhound, always finding cool stuff. The filter is a Tidal 75. I have had it running side by side on another tank for several months, so it is cycled and ready to go!

Once the temp is stabilized for room temperature, I will be adding my White Cloud Mountain Minnows. Petco gets their Gold Dojo Loaches in on Thursday, so I will pick them up next week.
Gosh I wish I was this lucky to get a tank for free like this.

I am so excited about your minnows, when you get them can you post pictures? Minnows are some of the most active fish I have seen and are so fun to watch. You are so blessed!

Gosh I wish I was this lucky to get a tank for free like this.

I am so excited about your minnows, when you get them can you post pictures? Minnows are some of the most active fish I have seen and are so fun to watch. You are so blessed!
Well, I paid $100 for the 80 and 90 gallon tanks as a pair.

Yeah that is way cheaper than even one 80g tank!
The 90 is pretty scratched up, but the fish don't mind. It is just really hard to find lids that fit. The 80 has a divider and none of the lids I can find will fit, but the 90 doesn't have a divider and I haven't found a giant glass lid.

I paid 400 for my 55, lights, filter, heater, and sponge filter ?
If I had the money for a nice set up, I would drop $400 on a tank. As it is, I only bought one of my tanks new, and that was my first. I will troll the marketplace posts for good deals on fish stuff. Once traded a complete 29 gallon set up for a 55 gallon acrylic with a hob and UGF (didn't use either). I love acrylic.

Yeah, regret moving it by myself the first time. But, now I know better for next time (which is hopefully not for a couple of years). That was so heavy, too! Once I was finished moving it, my muscles were just screaming. Thankfully I am pretty young still and didn't pull anything, even if I am out of shape.
I wish I could have kept my 6 ft tank, but the rental company put a big no on that. They said I couldn't have any single tank over 100 gallons. So I came in just under that at 90, with an 80 gallon also in the living room.
It is a 4 foot tank, so I hope my goldfish and dojo loaches will be happy in there.
When I was rearranging the plants in the very back, I had to stand on my tip toes to reach up, over, and down into the bottom. I think I might use a step stool next time, and I wish the standard tank stands came in different heights.
Yes, I was wondering how you could carry it by yourself.
Even a 3 ft tank is already quite heavy if it has thick glass.
And a 4 ft tank is heavy and long.

My mum injured her back when she was young.
And now she is in pain almost everyday.
At one moment, she couldn't walk.
Then the orthopaedic gave her a series of injections.

Remember not to lift heavy weight that can injure your back.
And you have to lift it up with the right technique.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did take weight lifting for a few years in school, and one of the first jobs I did was stocking a cooler, so I know I should have asked for help. I was just too stubborn about inconveniencing my brother. He would have been over to help in under 20 min, probably, but my anxiety usually gets the best of me.

I paid 400 for my 55, lights, filter, heater, and sponge filter ?
The 90 is pretty scratched up, but the fish don't mind. It is just really hard to find lids that fit. The 80 has a divider and none of the lids I can find will fit, but the 90 doesn't have a divider and I haven't found a giant glass lid.

I am getting ready to pay 250 or so for a 36g 'starter kit' with a stand.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back