Video 90 Gal. Angelfish Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
if angelfish grow up with small fish from a young age they can live together with no problems. My angel pair have shared the tank with black neons and harelquin rasboras ... they've never felt the need to eat their tank mates. I recently added 5 new harelquins who were technicly small enough to be swallowed whole ... I still have all 5. Also, if you keep the angels well fed on a regular rota they never get the chance to be hungry enough to start munching on their friends

All 18 tetras have survived the night! 

If you want to play it 100% safe, disk/stocky type tetras would be your best bet, but you could try a smaller fish. Cherry and gold barbs are colorful and usually safe if you wanted to try something other than tetras.

Rams and tetras didn't make the order, so they'll be here in around 2 weeks or less.

4 bolivian rams, and 6 cardinal tetras are in the tank. The cardinals were added a week ago, but 4 of them were eaten. The store only had juveniles that day, so next time we'll wait for adults. The 6 remaining are growing well, though, with big appetites and full coloration.  The camera can't focus on them at the moment, they move too fast and are too small.
The 4 rams were put in today. They all had their vents dropped, so I did my best to pick out 3 females and a male. Pictures once they settle.
We bought the 6 diamond tetras that the store had, but one had ich, so they are in a small QT until they heal. 

I'll look forward to seeing the photo's. Love to see rams :D

All the Ich is off the diamonds, all 6 are settling in the main tank. The rams are sparring for territory, and coloring up well. It looks like I have two females and two males, but I think four feet is long enough to hold two potential pairs if they decide to. The pleco has grown a good inch or so, and by how it looks now, might be a young male.
Pictures later, once it's dark outside. (the sunlight from a window across the room reflects, and makes a massive glare)
I also need to siphon some gunk off the bottom, plecos are messy

EDIT: Sorry if this post is hard to read, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment.

aww hope you feel better soon. 

And yes, pleco's are the messiest fish ever

No pictures for a while, we've lost three diamonds (they weren't in the best shape in the first place, so I can't say I'm surprised) and a few tetras have ich spots. I've started dosing Melafix and raised the temp to try and cure it. I forgot what it was like not being able to use salt, with the pleco and all. The remaining two diamonds are in very good shape, and school in with the Columbians.

All the tetras have ich spots. Everyone else is okay, but I don't trust the ich to not be hiding in their gills. I've jacked up the heat to 86 degrees, which should stop the ich from breeding. I'm put in 3 tablespoons of salt (I read somewhere 1tb/30gal is a good ratio for salt sensitive fish) and am hoping for the best.
We've lost another Diamond and a Columbian in the meantime. 

This has been going on a while now. I'd be looking to add a whitespot treatment before you lose any more of those lovely fishes :/

I'm looking into buying Kordon's Rid Ich, but in the meantime I'll keep the temp and salt up.

I didn't get back in time to edit, sorry. I've started a treatment with malachite green, and have started lowering the temp back down. We undershot for the dosage just in case, and I'll be doing small WCs everyday. I forgot how much I despise ich..

(If a mod doesn't mind, could I get this thread moved to Planted Journals? I hate to drag this thread on in the wrong place.)

don't do water changes unless the med tells you to. If you dilute the med it won't work. You need to follow the directions. That said, I think it's meth blue that treats whitespot not malachite green ...

Are you feeding Hillary? I have several BN's and they never touch the plants.

Heres what I feed my BN's

Nick's Veggie List

I haven't touched the tank yet, so it's all good. c: We did a bit of research on m. green, and read it can work, so I'll give it a shot.
BN plecos can accidentally scrape too hard on soft leaved plants like amazon swords, I think that's what's happening. We've been feeding her algae wafers and cucumbers so far, but I'm hoping to try carrots.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back