Video 90 Gal. Angelfish Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LyraGuppi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
At least until I get my hands on some rams and tetras. There are 6 angels and a female BN pleco, but only the pair were photographed as all the others are hiding. Sorry for the large photos, photobucket wasn't working.

The zebra male:
DSC_0127_zpslmgo5bfw.jpg

The half black female:
DSC_0126_zps8x3kt9ji.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsbcuhfc22.jpg

The BN pleco:
DSC_0138_zpsnyxut3jw.jpg

FTS:
DSC_0130_zps1lr35axj.jpg

lovely. He's a pearlscale too ... any fry should be interesting! :D

I was wondering if he was, or the "rows" of scales were normal. Thank you! :)

yes, the raised scales are definitely pearlscale. All I know is it came about from a birth defect but someone liked it so much that it became a species all of it's own. I believe it's most common in Platinum angels but I may have  misunderstood that

I had a platinum pearlscale female myself and I was worried there was something wrong with her till I started researching. Sometimes it can be quite beautiful but some cases of it are really severe and I'm not keen on it to that degree. Yours looks like mine did - just a mild case of it :)

Thanks guys. c: The substrate is black sand from Petco, nothing special.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I thought I'd update. The pair has moved out, and now it holds three juvi angelfish. For the sake of the established (and incredibly peaceful, thankfully) hierarchy, I've been told to not to up the numbers. 
Today we picked up 8 Columbian tetras and 10 black neons from a local store:
DSC_0665_zpsraamv3mi.jpg

DSC_0668_zpsf09neurx.jpg

DSC_0666_zpsnnveiolg.jpg

DSC_0670_zps1hhcfuvl.jpg

The Columbian's colour is still a little faded, but they've eaten well and are schooling around the tank. The black neons were a fish that I've always wanted to try, their colours do not disappoint. The greenish-white stripe glows under the shade of the floating plants.
biggrin.png

Hillary the Pleco's work:
DSC_0676_zps4c05b6fl.jpg

And the three angels:

Cheese-
26e4ff70-5e52-4c7f-b2fc-771db80dd5bf_zpsfap3ajuv.jpg

Smudge-
DSC_0663_zpsaudl6hd9.jpg

Moody-
DSC_0671_zpsagljcn6r.jpg

(named after Mad Eye Moody, because of his/her heterochromia) 
DSC_0672_zps4pg7idv2.jpg

We're hopefully going to be picking up a group of bolivian rams this weekend, along with either diamond or cardinal tetras. (Depends on which one the store can order in, I'm hoping for cardinals) I'll see if I can update after that. 

EDIT: Apologies for the reflections on the glass and specks in the water (Hillary dug out her cave under the driftwood as I was photographing)

LyraGuppi said:
Sorry to revive this thread, but I thought I'd update. The pair has moved out, and now it holds three juvi angelfish. For the sake of the established (and incredibly peaceful, thankfully) hierarchy, I've been told to not to up the numbers. 
Today we picked up 8 Columbian tetras and 10 black neons from a local store:
DSC_0665_zpsraamv3mi.jpg

DSC_0668_zpsf09neurx.jpg

DSC_0666_zpsnnveiolg.jpg

DSC_0670_zps1hhcfuvl.jpg

The Columbian's colour is still a little faded, but they've eaten well and are schooling around the tank. The black neons were a fish that I've always wanted to try, their colours do not disappoint. The greenish-white stripe glows under the shade of the floating plants.
biggrin.png

Hillary the Pleco's work:
DSC_0676_zps4c05b6fl.jpg

And the three angels:

Cheese-
26e4ff70-5e52-4c7f-b2fc-771db80dd5bf_zpsfap3ajuv.jpg

Smudge-
DSC_0663_zpsaudl6hd9.jpg

Moody-
DSC_0671_zpsagljcn6r.jpg

(named after Mad Eye Moody, because of his/her heterochromia) 
DSC_0672_zps4pg7idv2.jpg

We're hopefully going to be picking up a group of bolivian rams this weekend, along with either diamond or cardinal tetras. (Depends on which one the store can order in, I'm hoping for cardinals) I'll see if I can update after that. 

EDIT: Apologies for the reflections on the glass and specks in the water (Hillary dug out her cave under the driftwood as I was photographing)

I believe Byron says that angelfish cannot be in the same tank as "linear" tetras like cardinals.

Putting them in with linear fish (the neons are too) is a risk, as they are their natural prey in nature. Since the angelfish are small, though, and the neons are large, I've got an advantage. c: If the cardinals are small, though, I won't buy them. The black neons and cardinals are little stockier than, say, a leopard danio, neon, or rummynose, and not quite as interesting as food.

(Now watch me eat my words when I wake up to a tank of dead neons)

I just wanted to see you rthoughts on that since I am stocking my 45 gallon and WANTED To put an angelfish with some tetra species. I wanted rummynose or cardinal/neon but any tetra is fine. I just want color.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back