80 Gallon Journal

That's a nice little egeria army you've got there! Personally, I'd double it. You just don't have enough of your subtrate covered. It's covered, but with glosso, which isn't as effective at algaebusting 'cause it's like an inch tall. You don't have nearly enough plant mass to ward off algae, IMO.

Sometimes, male flagfish can become territorial, so be on the look out for squabbles. It's supposely not serious, but agression can occur, especially if they decide to breed. Supposedly they are excellent algae eaters, and they live in FL naturally, but I can never find them at LFS. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Now, I'll be nice, you've got a great potential layout, once all the New Tank Crap is over. I'd love to see a background of some type, so you can really focus on the plants. The rock work is excellent.

llj :)

...I'd double it. You just don't have enough of your subtrate covered.
...love to see a background of some type...

Okay - will do - getting tons of that stuff is free for me.

Funny, I actually have one, and you just reminded me to actually put it on there.

Thankyou for your suggestions, criticisms, and complements - All of it helps in every way!

~ Brant

It's been a while!

But here's what it looked like last night:
1001414pw6.jpg

Closer look at the jungle:
1001415na6.jpg

I just ripped out ALL of the glosso because I didn't like its growth during the low light period to rid the algae. I replanted it just like I did in the beginning of this tank - hopefully (with the full light cycle again) it will grow horizontally.

~ Wonderboy!

Nice cliff and plateau you have got going on there.

Is your CO2 diffusing in to your filter intake?

Dave.

I think your tank looks amazing, I really like everything about it.

A question, have you ever thought of putting up a background maybe blue or black?

I have to say that the tank is coming along very good. Also I like how you are able to be so organized with the supplies under your tank. Nice style in your aquascaping have not seen that type very often. Hope you keep putting up new pictures as the tank progresses. :good:

I quite like the tank as it is.

I used to have a rock picture background and I took it off to paint the back black.

When I took it off I thought it looks nice with the light shining off the wall behind it and now have left it with no background.

I like the plateau looks cool. Are you going to grow some taller plants on it like Vallis or Giant Hygro so the leaves drfit on the surface facing right?

Andy

Thanks, I will try the background, and if it looks appealing, I'll keep it.

Are you going to grow some taller plants on it like Vallis or Giant Hygro so the leaves drfit on the surface facing right?

Andy

I think it's just me, but I don't like the whole over hanging effect unless I wanted to go for a "shallow river" type setup...
Not to mention, that's some tall growth I'd have to pull off and match with other plants to make it blend well...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back