75g to 210g and need plants

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FallenPepper

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This is the general feel I have for my 75g right now and I'm going for a similar look with my 210g but changing my substrate to a sand/gravel mix (though leaning towards more rock than sand) and good plant choices that allows my fish to hide in the leaves and between plants? I have lots of water Sprite but not a huge fan of it other than using it for snail cover from my puffers. Also looking at having black worms in my substrate to pick up after my puffers and bichirs (I'm growing them out to about 5 inches they're not staying in there forever). Any advice or tanks pics would be appreciated especially of your own!

Attachments

• 20200111_171139.jpg
    20200111_171139.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 985
  • 20200110_120143.jpg
    20200110_120143.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200111_142935.jpg
    20200111_142935.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 81
Anacharis is always a good idea. It grows very fast in warm and well lighted water, and it grows tall....if you let it. I do like the look of Java Ferns, as @Retired Viking mentioned; they grow very full and they look beautiful. Just make sure to give them lots of light.

Anacharis is always a good idea. It grows very fast in warm and well lighted water, and it grows tall....if you let it. I do like the look of Java Ferns, as @Retired Viking mentioned; they grow very full and they look beautiful. Just make sure to give them lots of light.
Only problem with anacharis is it dies immediately if salt or Fourish is added to the tank. One day you have it and next day it’s gone.

That is why I don't dose my tank with salt our Flourish. My Anacharis very hardy and grows full and tall.

A question to the OP: Do you use any fertilizers?

That is why I don't dose my tank with salt our Flourish. My Anacharis very hardy and grows full and tall.

I was told fast growing plants will take up all the nutrients and won’t leave any for other plants or fish. Thus, the need for fetz.

Last edited:

Not consistently but if I get browning or yellowing I might do a dash of flourish iron/excel but generally I let it do its thing also I keep a pinch of salt in my tank along with temps around 79 to 81

I anacharis, Anubias, java fern, frogbit, and salvinia in my 10g betta tank. All are doing well and I don't use any frets. I never have and I never plan to. It is all up to the OP though. I think a hint of flourish here and there is a good idea. :)

I anacharis, Anubias, java fern, frogbit, and salvinia in my 10g betta tank. All are doing well and I don't use any frets. I never have and I never plan to. It is all up to the OP though. I think a hint of flourish here and there is a good idea. :)
[/QUOTE
Flourish is a fert. Yes, all you have are beginners plants and very easy to grow. As you level up. You may find you need ferts. As @Byron[/USER] explained, some larger plants take up more nutrients and require fertz.

I do concur that larger plants require more nutrients, that's why I don't keep them. I tend to stick with smaller plants. ;)

Avoid all Bolbitis if you don't have soft water. It will just turn black every time.
For almost every other plant all that you need to push growth is iron. Some say both Seachem and normal garden Iron..Seachem is taken up NOW,the other stays in the tank much longer slowly taken up by the plants.
If you want fast? Vallisneria can't be beat by anything.Jungle vall too. The Twisty one is not so easy..don't count on it. Bacopa is fast. Water Wisteria,Rotala macrandra.
The water ferns look nice..but are much slower and basically small. They look great though and are easy.
I have other plants to add..later if you need.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back