FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Corydoras_Catwoman

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category...i wasn't sure where to put it.

I'm looking at setting up a 75gal tank (probably a long) at some point in the future. It will be heavily planted with driftwood and plenty of hiding places. Im looking at stocking it with some of the following:

-Angelfish
-Bolivian Rams
-Harlequin Rasboras
-Pearl Gourami
-Red Tail Shark (potentially)

This would be my first larger tank and I was worried about aggression, so i have concluded that I need to try and under stock it as much as possible.

These are the ideas i had for stocking:
-1 Angel, 4 Bol. Rams, 1 RTS, 6 Harequin rasboras
-1 Angel, 6 Bol. Rams, 8 Harlequins
-1 Angel, 2 Bol. Rams, 1 Pearl Gourami (+6 harlequins?)
-1 Angel, 2 Bol. Rams, 1 Pearl Gourami (+1 RTS?)

I am especially worried abut aggression from the RTS as Bolivians are also bottom-dwellers mainly.
All rams would be in pairs (especially if i had the group of 6 and no RTS)
If i purchased the RTS it would be the last thing i added and would be a juvenile.

Are there any problems you can see? Please let me know. Also would the RTS be okay with Bolivians as i have always wanted to keep one!

I would do 1 angel, 6 Bolivian rams and a dozen harlequin rasaboras

The first question is what are your source (tap) water parameters, meaning GH (general or total hardness) and pH. Some fish have preferences, some of these are absolute, and knowing the water will enable us to better suggest species.

While waiting for that, I would suggest you forget a Red Tail Shark. This fish has a reputation as a nasty fellow much of the time, and it will restrict other possible substrate fish. It also for some reason frequently takes a strong dislike to any fish with vertical stripes. At six inches, with a temperament/temper, it is best left out.

The first question is what are your source (tap) water parameters, meaning GH (general or total hardness) and pH. Some fish have preferences, some of these are absolute, and knowing the water will enable us to better suggest species.

While waiting for that, I would suggest you forget a Red Tail Shark. This fish has a reputation as a nasty fellow much of the time, and it will restrict other possible substrate fish. It also for some reason frequently takes a strong dislike to any fish with vertical stripes. At six inches, with a temperament/temper, it is best left out.
I agree with Byron. Knowing your GH is important to advice stocking suggestions correctly.

Best of luck!

Sorry for the long wait. as i said (but didn't make clear) i don't have the tank yet. I'm looking into stocking before I make any hard decisions,

Reactions: AJE
Sorry for the long wait. as i said (but didn't make clear) i don't have the tank yet. I'm looking into stocking before I make any hard decisions,

I don't know where in the world you are so it might be different, but certainly over here in the UK you can visit your local water supplier's website to find a summary of the tap water. This will at least give you the hardness of your water which should then point you in the right direction.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back