75g planted tank build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So who knew PetSmart has nice Mopani driftwood, for a reasonable price (cheaper than buying online)? So I added some of the Mopani driftwood, and rearranged a little. Added some more rocks, including some small pebbles around the bases of the bigger rocks.

Oh, and I finally have some fish in the tank! A powder blue dwarf gourami (yes I know, but when I saw him/her, I just had to have him!), and about 20 cories (bronze, pepper, albino, and false julii).

Sorry about the reflections, some dummy forgot to turn off the lights behind me before taking photos! :D

7D2_2360.jpg

7D2_2389.jpg

7D2_2390.jpg
7D2_2391.jpg

Currently dealing with algae in the plants. Pretty sure I have too much light and not enough CO2 (none). I'll be addressing that soon.

I know store bought dwarf gouramis have health issues. But how could I say no, he's beautiful! (or is it a she?)

7D2_2384.jpg

Some of the cories...

7D2_2348.jpg

7D2_2369.jpg

7D2_2372.jpg

7D2_2382.jpg
7D2_2379.jpg

This poor pepper cory came pretty beat up from the fish store. I hope he recovers.

7D2_2346.jpg

Thanks for looking!
-- Kevin

Last edited:
Beautiful set up! And beautiful fish! You did an outstanding job!

And yes, petsmart can have very nice wood for sale reasonably priced.

So here's a quick update after a couple months. The plants have really taken off. They really like the CO2 and EI ferts. :)

You wouldn't know it, but there are 20+ corydoras in there! As well as about 20 neon tetras. :)

And about 1000 snails. :mad:

PXL_20220726_180004876.jpg

Wow this is looking so good!!

Actually, I take out my anger on them by crushing them as I find them, and the fish really enjoy the live (well now dead) treat! So it's not all bad! :D
I laugh but it's also sad... While I kinda dislike the site of them, I also really appreciate them. They work hard so I leave them alone

I was getting algae, so I cut back on the amount of light and ferts. That seems to be keeping the algae under control. The sand looks a lot better now.

This is after a prune and a water change. Also ripped out a lot of the dwarf sag that was starting to take over the tank.

PXL_20220808_162238851.MP.jpg

A better look at some of the fish. It's breakfast time :)

PXL_20220808_162250484.MP.jpg

I was getting algae, so I cut back on the amount of light and ferts. That seems to be keeping the algae under control. The sand looks a lot better now.

This is after a prune and a water change. Also ripped out a lot of the dwarf sag that was starting to take over the tank.

View attachment 164551

A better look at some of the fish. It's breakfast time :)

View attachment 164552
Totm competitor right there!
Beautiful aquarium!

I should have grabbed a photo before doing the pruning. All the plants were reaching to the water surface, and the ludwigia repens was so long it was wrapping around things. I'll grab a before and after next time I do a prune.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back