75 Gallon Stocking Suggestions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Cmoon933

Reaction score
So my 75 gallon tank has been cycled and nitrate, nitrite and ammonia have been at 0 for several days.
We currently have 2 paradise gouramis, 2 corydoras and 9 platys.
Iā€™m looking for suggestions on what other fish I could add to the tank.
Iā€™ve also been thinking of relocating the platys to a cycled, empty 55 gallon tank that my brother has. This way I could be open to fish suggestions for my 75 gal tank! Thank you!

What are the water parameters, primarily GH and pH?

Presumably the tank length is 4 feet (120 cm), please confirm.

I like my tanks to have 1 centerpiece fish and then a lot of other fish so rounding it. I would recommend angel fish. They need a 30 gallon tank minimum so a few of them would be great. Be careful with the angel fishes fi s though. They are often mistaken for food.

What are the water parameters, primarily GH and pH?

Presumably the tank length is 4 feet (120 cm), please confirm.
As Byron has said, we need to know the water parameters before suggesting fish. If the water is very hard, soft water fish are not an option, for example.

The neon tetras are a good choice I will look into getting them with the clownfish.

What species is the "clownfish" you mention? And we/you still need to know the GH and pH.

I'm not sure about that. Obsessed with fish has said s/he wants to set up an 8 gallon marine tank with clownfish so may be getting marine and freshwater fish mixed up.

Well, that being the case, we also must have it clarified whether this thread is dealing with freshwater fish (these were listed in post #1 so we assumed) or marine.

The OP (Cmoon933) is talking about freshwater, it's the post by "Obsessed with fish" that seems to be confusing marine and freshwater.

The OP (Cmoon933) is talking about freshwater, it's the post by "Obsessed with fish" that seems to be confusing marine and freshwater.
yes, neon goby was mentioned on Obsessed with Fish's other thread so I guess that is the confusion. Obsessed With Fish isn't the OP.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back