75 Gal: Tank mates for single Krib & CAE

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Kayla_Johnson19

Reaction score
Hi there! I have been doing a whole lot of research as I prepare a 75 gallon! Iā€™m trying to decide what tank mates (cichlid or otherwise) that could work well in there and thereā€™s a lot of different opinions! I have my single female Kribensis going in there as well as my Chinese algae eater (who gets enough protein, biofilm, pellets and veggies so he doesnā€™t bother anyone else). Anyone have any suggestions? I donā€™t want to get a tank any bigger than 75, so preferably species that will be more than happy in a 75 at full growth!
Water Parameters:
79-80 F - 6.8 pH - 7-8 dGH - 0 KH
(Photo of the troublemakers attached)

Attachments

• 7BA284EB-B1BE-41FE-920E-D1E965EC1FB9.jpeg
    7BA284EB-B1BE-41FE-920E-D1E965EC1FB9.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 71
How about keeping it as an African river themed tank with some African tetras and some riverine synodontis? Some golden wonder killies would look good for the surface too.

And what looks like a white molly?

I would like to add that I can see 3 small fish which appear to be danios in your provided photo.
And what looks like a white molly?
Yes, I have 4 danios (will be getting more) and a silver sailfin molly! I have not decided if they are going in the 75 gallon or not yet! I might keep them in the 30 gallon!

Would she then be too aggressive towards my algae eater since heā€™s a bottom dweller? Thatā€™s the main reason I donā€™t have a male right now

I find fish donā€™t really show aggression to bottom feeders to be honest, just stay separate to each other. Staying with the African river fish idea, you may want to have a look at lion head cichlids. Not very colourful but an extremely interesting fish :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back