70L centrepiece fish ideas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

TTboy79

Reaction score
Hi All,

Iā€™m new to this forum but not to this wonderful hobby, I used to keep and breed Malawi cichlids in a bigger tank in Italy.

I was missing planted aquariums so I set up this mini forest. I love the amber colour from tannins, and I think that neon fish would be perfect for this!
Iā€™ve just added 4 corys, and Iā€™m waiting for the system to further mature for the neon (10-15 ? How do you think?)

id like to get some suggestions for a 3rd species, a centrepiece fish since Iā€™m not sure about Betta or dwarf cichlids or gourami?

Iā€™m not keen on guppies (I had and bred loads in the past) and platy.

happy new year!

Attachments

• B4786CF5-DCD5-4FCF-8802-3EBCAC86E54A.jpeg
    B4786CF5-DCD5-4FCF-8802-3EBCAC86E54A.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 91
I would not suggest a betta in with tetras - tetras have teeth and even the most placid fish often cannot help itself when faced with those long fins. A pair/trio of honey gouramis should be OK as those 'feelers' don't have quite the same temptation as long flowing fins.*

A pair of dwarf cichlids could be an option - but if they spawn the cories would get picked on because cories have no concept of territory and would not learn to stay away from the eggs.

*Edit to add - avoid dwarf gouramis as they come with health issues; many fish bred in the far east are infected with incurable diseases by the time they reach the shop.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back