7 week old Endler feedings

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have 10 Endlers that are almost 7 weeks old now. How many times a day should they be eating? When they were born I saw several times a day so I have been doing 3 times a day but don’t know how long to do that for or if that’s to much? Thanks!

Baby fish should be fed 3-5 times per day until they are mature, then you reduce the feeding to once or twice a day. The babies should be fed as much food as they can eat. You want them to have fat little stomachs so they look like pregnant guppies.

When you feed them, offer a little bit of food and let them eat it. Then offer a little bit more and let them eat that. Continue doing that until they are full.

If you are going to breed adult fish, feed them 3-5 times a day too. Do this for several weeks before you breed them so the parents are in good physical shape.

-------------
When feeding fish more often, you should do big regular water changes. I did a 75% water change and gravel cleaned the substrate every day on my fry rearing tanks, as well as on the tanks holding my adult fishes that were being fed more.

When the fry are mature and only being fed once or twice day, you can do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate once a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Baby fish should be fed 3-5 times per day until they are mature, then you reduce the feeding to once or twice a day. The babies should be fed as much food as they can eat. You want them to have fat little stomachs so they look like pregnant guppies.

When you feed them, offer a little bit of food and let them eat it. Then offer a little bit more and let them eat that. Continue doing that until they are full.

If you are going to breed adult fish, feed them 3-5 times a day too. Do this for several weeks before you breed them so the parents are in good physical shape.

-------------
When feeding fish more often, you should do big regular water changes. I did a 75% water change and gravel cleaned the substrate every day on my fry rearing tanks, as well as on the tanks holding my adult fishes that were being fed more.

When the fry are mature and only being fed once or twice day, you can do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate once a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.
Thank you for the reply! I’ll keep doing 3 times a day. :)

When they´re that young I only feed them twice a day. And when they´re adults just once a day and they all do just fine. And once a week I won´t feed them so they can find their food on their own of what´s left in the tank. This is how it works at my place for so many years. But of course, everyone has his/her own way of feeding fish. Whatever method used, as long as it works fine, it should be okay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back