7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

just a quick shot of it with the sand and blue backing, all cleared up now and processing ammonia well, so looking good so far! hopefully picking up some nice pieces of mopani wood by the weekend, for the corners.

Attachments

• 7footerwithsand.jpg
    7footerwithsand.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 76
Great tank Dave, Stocking sounds good too,

You want something like sumatra driftwood for the corners, I have a piece that was originally 30"tall x 15"x18" at its widest points, (had to cut 6" off the top to get it in my tank though)
It cost me £16

i didn't set up a big tank to keep the likes of bala sharks and common plecs. its going to be stocked with half decent fish at least, its getting a pair of stingrays, a Asian arowana, a Siamese tiger fish and maybe a zebra shovel nose catfish.
pics to come tomorrow hopefully!

Dave

sorry i said anything!

its ok, ima forgiving person.
you must understand though that i want a tank with arowana, rays and tigerfish etc, so a silver shark isn't really in the same league.
i wouldn't ind a nice big plec but don't like commons, looking at buying a hypostomus luteus from pier aquatics at the moment, just need to let the tank mature for a while first.

Your dog looks like he wants to go in for a swim.

tank looks great

and your stock list sounds like you want all of my fish :good:

P1040549.jpg

right just a few things i should mention

1. get your self a 25w UV
2. get the heaters out of the tank and use the hydor externals 300w if you don't want to do that get some heater guards the rays will be toast on 4 x heaters
3. you are fairly limited what rays you can keep the tank is a nice length but 30 inch wide is not enough for most rays
4. silver sharks or tinfoil barbs are not such a bad idea as you need a fish for the mid water they do just fine

any ?s just ask i have been keeping the fish you want for over 15 years

hey i do appreciate the information and other people should understand that after 15 years you know what your talking about.
i will be sure to be fireing questions your way when the tank is ready to be stocked!
how wide is your tank? 3 foot?
are leo's too big for 30" width? think im going to go with the marbled motoro's from pier aquatics for my first rays, neil there said they max around 12" so should be fine!

thanks for the help!
Dave

any way back to topic dave what kind off decor you going with or will it be a mimilistic tank to provide space for the rays?

oh yeah while i remember dave what heaters are you running as im looking into what type to use

O.K, I'm leaving that biased debate xD :lol:

I can't wait to see this beasty... I would fill it with dwarf puffers :look:

Most reactions

Back