7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
beautiful tank, when i first got my tank from my friend i thought it was huge, and that id be one of those guys who has like the biggest tank, i have bigger than my friends but then people like you come and put me back in my place lol, cant wait to see more pics.

haha, theres always one bigger lol!, theres plenty that would make mine look small though! 1 step at a time lol
i went from a 4 foot 240 litre 20 a 7 foot 1000 litre lol so i think i missed a couple of steps there but im happy!
just put sand in so is a bit cloudy but should settle by tonight or in the morning maybe so will try get some more pics then.

Dave

Love the size, going to be good to see it being built up and cant wait to see it finished :D

Awesome, can't wait to see it up and running!
Good price too.

whe it comes to watching this through, it may take some time, the tank is really here to house a pair of rays, what ever else ggoes in will be there to live with the rays, so there fore the tank will not be finished as such for around 6 months when it is mature enough to house rays properly, there will be things going on between now and then and i will keep you all posted, should be getting a siamese tiger fish (d.pulcher), an asian arowana and a zebra shovel nose cat between now and then so will be popping some pics up as and when changes happen, water is still cloudy so may add some filter aid stuff tomorrow, i used it before with great results so we shall see.
i am also looking for a couple of pieces of bogwood for the 2 back corners, to hide the filter pipes and heaters mainly but they will have to be quite big, like at least 2 foot long by 18" inch wide, if anyone spots any for sale please let me know!
cheers,
Dave

not bad at all :good:
gonna be cracking, cant wait for more pics :)

Shelagh - Dont use the "C" word for anything mad of glass!! :crazy:

Great tank there fella.

Thinking about the cycling and the sheer size of the tank - If you bunged a few feeder fish in there (a couple or maybe three) their waste would probably get the filter up and running easily. Bearing in mind that that is one heck of a lot of water - they wouldnt even start to pollute themselves. The little ammonia present would be enough to get the filter rolling. Just then add more stock slowly and surely.

i got a load of mature media from the lfs yesterday, wasn't going to but the fish was not doing very well in the 3 foot juwel tank!
the 9" characin kept going mad and i feared it would kill its self like the last one did.
i put the media (big mature foam from sump at lfs, about a year matured) in each of the big eheims, it filled a whole basket in each so should be good enough to start, i had to put the characin, rocket gar, channa sp. platinum and red tailed shark in the big tank.
i did this last night, just tested the water and the ammonia was 0 the nitrite was 0.15 and the nitrate was around 0.15 also, so i know ammonia is being processed, hopefully if i keep up with the water change's the filters should mature quite quickly now.
i got the sand in, and it took ages for the water to clear but its crystal clear again now, waiting on some big bits of bog wood from the lfs which should make the tank a bit more interesting for now!
will try and get some more pics up soon!

Dave

very nice tank! if i was you i would want to try and rescue some bala sharks or gibbi plecs.

i didn't set up a big tank to keep the likes of bala sharks and common plecs. its going to be stocked with half decent fish at least, its getting a pair of stingrays, a Asian arowana, a Siamese tiger fish and maybe a zebra shovel nose catfish.
pics to come tomorrow hopefully!

Dave

whe it comes to watching this through, it may take some time, the tank is really here to house a pair of rays, what ever else ggoes in will be there to live with the rays, so there fore the tank will not be finished as such for around 6 months when it is mature enough to house rays properly, there will be things going on between now and then and i will keep you all posted, should be getting a siamese tiger fish (d.pulcher), an asian arowana and a zebra shovel nose cat between now and then so will be popping some pics up as and when changes happen, water is still cloudy so may add some filter aid stuff tomorrow, i used it before with great results so we shall see.
i am also looking for a couple of pieces of bogwood for the 2 back corners, to hide the filter pipes and heaters mainly but they will have to be quite big, like at least 2 foot long by 18" inch wide, if anyone spots any for sale please let me know!
cheers,
Dave

There is a MASSIVE piece of bogwood in a shop in Manhcester - about 3ft long 2ft high and 6-8" deep - it's about £150 though, it's been there ages though so maybe they'd do a deal?

There is a piece of bogwood at aquatics worl uk coventry, thats about 3 3/4 foot by 3 foot by 3 foot - £180 I think.

yeah but the tank is for rays so i need to leave as much floor space as possible, i want the wood to just sit in the corners, from bottom to top, so about 26" by about 16-18" wide maybe. hing rays is very restrictive, im very tempted top change my mind at the moment!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back