6X2X2' Project

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Greer

Reaction score
I'm upgrading from my 4 footer to this huge 6'2'2' tank & thought I'd made a thread about it.
I bought this tank with an Ehiem 2217, lots of ornaments, all lids, chemicals etc for $200 (Early christmas present from my dad) which I thought was pretty good, so I have a bit of money to put into doing it up.
Going to be making a stand for it, which will be one of the first steps, but not before a good clean!
Here's the tank now, & as soon as I have a few people to give me a hand taking it out the back I'll post photo's of it all cleaned up
smile.png

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 177
  • thism.jpg
    thism.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 160
  • thisn.jpg
    thisn.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 166
  • thish.jpg
    thish.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 167
  • thisb.jpg
    thisb.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 150
  • thisv.jpg
    thisv.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 167
  • thisz.jpg
    thisz.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 178
Sounds very exciting! I am hoping to upgrade my 135 gallon to a 180 some time next year! Excited for it but not at the same time as they are heavy as hell!

Do you have any ideas what your going to put in it?

Being a bit sad and obsessed, I have a pinterest board for aquascaping big tanks, not sure if it will help you or not :) but thought I would share it http://www.pinterest.com/wills00/aquascape/

Wills

Here are a few photo's of it all cleaned up!
Now I need to remove all the silicone from where the glass is missing so I can replace it, & from around the sump fittings as they also need to be redon; if I end up going with a sump that is, other wise I'll fill them with something.

Will post more when I do more! :)

Hey Wills, yeah it is really heavy, took 4 of us just to get it out side for a clean!
I have a 4' set up at the moment with my favourite fish; a ghost knife with a colour morph :D He is why I'm upgrading the tank mostly, also have a school of harlequin rasboras, L333 pleco & two L169 pleco's, a spiney eel, fighting fish & an albino paradise fish. I love my catfish though so will be getting some new types (yet to research!) for the bigger tank :)
& awesome, thanks a lot for the link I will definitely check it out. I have tried a little aquascaping with my 4' but I'm not very good at it yet!

Attachments

• clean, resize (1).jpg
    clean, resize (1).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 165
  • clean, resize (2).jpg
    clean, resize (2).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 161
  • clean, resized.jpg
    clean, resized.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 173
I'll be following the progress of this one.   Always dreamed of owning a 6 foot tank so I could get some bala shark and larger plecos and Geophagus.

It's going to take me a while to get everything ready, as I'm 18 & with no job aha :/ . But everything will be updated as I go, I'm very keen for my pleco's particularly to grow bigger!
I just need to find somewhere to buy bulk fish pebbles cheap!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back