6Ft Tank Build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Nice bit of wood, I would love something like that in my 2 foot betta tank. But knowing my betta he would try to crawl into all the little nooks and crannys and get stuck lol. I went to my LFS today to look for some but can't find anything that passes the Betta thumb test, If my thumb fits thru then the fish will.

I have a collection of wood lol Always on the lookout!

DIY substrate is in, capped and tank is full......finally

Now it is fairly clear, but it wont be once i start planting, 'cause i was lazy and didnt wash the sand lol. Gonna chuck the canister on it tomorrow, that should be interesting lol I'll either end up with a cloudy tank, or it will play nice and just filter as normal :D.
Will also start playing with the sump, it wont be up and running though until i decide what media to put in it. Thinking lava rock, but we will see.

6ft13thFeb20151a.jpg

*a big thanks to my hubby who hung a 3ft light up from the roof just so i could take a pic lol He loves me..................sometimes lol

Canister went on the tank today......some planting started.

I also added all the natives.........yeah i know i was going to hold them in QT for another 3 weeks, but i am confident there is no more anchor worm than the ones i removed. They are loving the extra room. Their appetite has gone through the roof, and they are beautiful and lively.....love them. Just need some more now

It looks incredible! Is this a true biotope or arena the plants not native?

Not true biotope.....the current plants may get replaced with native types over time, depends what i find :)

Hi Alasse

I am following this thread to learn a few things. As most of you know I am setting up a tank for a local Charity. My New Project For A Local Charity.

I notice you did not cycle your tank, Is that because you will have a sump? Are you going to do a fish in cycle? I have been reading lots about setting up cycling and all that and from what I understand its better to cycle a tank without fish in it.

I look forward to your reply as it will help me with my project.
Nick

Thanks guys.

I added a heap of Val to the tank today, and i got my cloudy mess lol so no new pic yet lol

NickAu - I have no need to cycle the tank as the new canister is full of mature media taken from other canisters/filters here, this gives me a fairly instant cycle

Ahh got it, Thanks.

Update: So i went to pick up the light today, bit of a problem, only one side is working, the other side looks to have blown the ballast. Sooooooo, i am now getting a quote to retrofit the light with LEDs, and an extra strip made to go in behind the sump....I\m gonna have to switch some lights around in the meantime to get a light onto the 6ft or the current plants will not be happy....hmmmmmmmmmm

Ok, scrounged some lights lol. Now they have different bulbs so scuse the varying ends of the tank

6ft17thFeb20151a.jpg

Still nowhere near finished planting, but i'll have to slow down until i get a proper light over the tank

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back