63g - new build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Starting to colour up nicely now :wub: really are stunning fish Odessa's

Are you adding a background to this tank? That will increase their colour even more:)
Hmm that kind of is the chosen background lol it's painted on grey acrylic :look: thought the swords and vallis would've spread across a bit more to be honest, but may just have to fill the gap with something else

Hmm that kind of is the chosen background lol it's painted on grey acrylic :look: thought the swords and vallis would've spread across a bit more to be honest, but may just have to fill the gap with something else
Oh right...my mistake. Thought that was your wall colour lol.

Your vallis look impressive. I like the way they sway like they are in a current. Looks very natural. Never had much luck with them myself:dunno:

Is someone able to sex these giant danio? All look the same to me (apart from some being younger and smaller than others), so guessing all male?

Male danios tend to be very streamlined while the females will have a considerable girth to them and a deeper belly.

Once mature anyways. Younger are harder to tell

Cant take my eyes off the Odessa's long enough to check the sex of the Danios lol:wub:

It is difficult to tell so young but the males will be longer and more streamline while the females are shorter and have more rounded bellies. Males may show more of a golden sheen too.

Another clue would be with them spawning alot you will have the males chasing the females :)

Yeh think too early to tell with the Danios. Glad its worked out and the danios have helped bring the Odessa out. They really are incredible looking fish and probably underrated for it too. Takes them to be very comfortable for them to fully colour up so maybe not everyone gets to see them at full potential

Oh wow! They're so stunning in that video! The dithers were a great idea!

The tank is looking amazing, had to keep rewinding the first few seconds to see the whole tank, with all of the fish now out, plus the plants- it looks gorgeous!

And while having all male odessas might have been a pain when they were in with cories, it also means you've got all that stunning colour now! Which isn't so bad ;) I love how giant danios look when fully mature and coloured up too, so it's only going to get better!

Hows the new Barbs settling in @mbsqw1d ?

Need some pic's for your journal:snap:
Russ!? Is that you!? Lol

So happy I kept the Odessas, theyre perfect. Danios getting bigger, and now the golds have brightened things up even more, looking forward to them getting full size. I think I'll treat the tank to some more plants in the new year, need a good sized crypt to swap out for the vallis

Yes agreed need to get some pics/vids of them on here

Russ!? Is that you!? Lol

So happy I kept the Odessas, theyre perfect. Danios getting bigger, and now the golds have brightened things up even more, looking forward to them getting full size. I think I'll treat the tank to some more plants in the new year, need a good sized crypt to swap out for the vallis

Yes agreed need to get some pics/vids of them on here
It is yes lol:D

Oh good, i am glad you kept them. They really are stunning fish and they will look awesome with the yellow of the gold barbs. Ive looked at the gold barbs a fair few times before so ill be interested to see how they do in your tank.

@AquaBarb as promised!

Anyone know about giant danio? Not sure if one in particular looking a bit fat. Could it be full of eggs? Seen swimming around the bottom in the vid

I need.... more male Odessa's:wub:They look awesome with the gold barbs. Stunning colour combo.

Danio is more than likely full of eggs. My females are always carrying. I do slighty cooler water changes when they get big and they normally drop the eggs

I've picked up a Fluval Roma 240 (120L/40W/70H) with an fx6, some sort of uv steriliser (owner kept discus?) and a plant led 3.0
View attachment 116289
The only place my partner would agree on is by the window in the living room... so, theres a chance this is going to be an algae factory :rolleyes:
View attachment 116290
My plan, is to lift and shift the existing setup in my Roma200 (in my signature). I'd be moving the substrate, plants and barbs, leaving behind the cories (I'll leave some sand behind).

Anyone had experience swapping over an entire tank before?

What's the best way to go about avoiding major cycling issues between the two tanks?
The Roma200 will be losing the majority of it's substrate and plants, however the filter is cycled. This roma240 will gain 'live' substrate and plants, but the filter is currently dry. Both are understocked.
So I expect the roma200 may go into a mini cycle? And the roma240 will be pretty much going through a planted cycle, with the added benefit of gaining 'live' substrate.

The plan for the roma200 is to create a s.american biotope with cories, tetras and otos in stained water, leaf litter and keep to specific list of plants.

This roma240 will be a planted barb tank, with a few other additions.

Please wish me luck :fish:
Hi Martin,

Hope you well mate

How have you got on with this tank by the window? Any major issues at all?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back