60l fish stocking?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

laingdda

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if I could add anymore fish too my tank or not. I have a 60l tank and I am unsure if I can add more fish. I currently have 4 Cory- 2 Adolfos and 2 Sterba. As well as 6 rummy nose tetras. Can I get any more? If so what do you recommend?

Attachments

• F9883412-6816-4809-B755-C002ACD092CB.jpeg
    F9883412-6816-4809-B755-C002ACD092CB.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 54
I wouldn't really suggest it. Your schools could be bigger but you'd need a bigger tank as well

As this is a 60 liter (15 gallon), the important thing is the length. If this is the 24 inch (60 cm) length you are in better shape than if it is more vertical. But it is still small. Since you already have four cory cats and 6 rummynose, you should add a few more of these. Another two or three cories (either species) will improve their well-being. And a few more rummynose as this tetra does do better with larger numbers. I would not consider different (new) species.

Another suggestion would be some floating plants. Your aquarium is quite nicely aquascaped now, but some floating plants really would bring out more colour in the rummynose tetras, as they prefer dimly-lit waters. And the cories would appreciate it too. :fish:

I know space is severely limited here, but as you have these fish it is better to give them more security as this actually has less impact on the biological system. And regular partial water changes of 50-70% of the tank volume once each week will help.

I agree rummy nose definitely like dimmer water

Some nice plants for your tank like java fern, african water fern and anachris would look nice along with some floating plants to darken the tank like hornwort or water sprite which you can also plant if you like.

As this is a 60 liter (15 gallon), the important thing is the length. If this is the 24 inch (60 cm) length you are in better shape than if it is more vertical. But it is still small. Since you already have four cory cats and 6 rummynose, you should add a few more of these. Another two or three cories (either species) will improve their well-being. And a few more rummynose as this tetra does do better with larger numbers. I would not consider different (new) species.

Another suggestion would be some floating plants. Your aquarium is quite nicely aquascaped now, but some floating plants really would bring out more colour in the rummynose tetras, as they prefer dimly-lit waters. And the cories would appreciate it too. :fish:

I know space is severely limited here, but as you have these fish it is better to give them more security as this actually has less impact on the biological system. And regular partial water changes of 50-70% of the tank volume once each week will help.
Thanks You for the advice! The tank is 60cm long which I hope is Ok. The pet shop said that those fish were fine for the tank and fish so thank you for giving a different perspective. The tank is a 75 litre but has 60l so it is a bit bigger than I said.

Thanks You for the advice! The tank is 60cm long which I hope is Ok. The pet shop said that those fish were fine for the tank and fish so thank you for giving a different perspective. The tank is a 75 litre but has 60l so it is a bit bigger than I said.

We have all learned (usually the hard way) that fish store employees very rarely have the knowledge they should have to give advice. Always ask on this forum, or do comparable research, before accepting the advice. It will save fish over the long run.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back