5Ft Tank Build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
New additions added

5 Bronze cories
2 Albino cories

Pulled all the decor, plants etc out to give the substrate a good clean. The background got a bit of a toothbrush scrub to remove some algae, i didnt take it all as i actually quite like the look of it lol. The val had near taken over the tank in here leaving not a lot of cruising room and making it hard to actually see the fish lol

Just finished putting it back together, bit more wood added, moss added, some more java fern & anubias added, val moved to the back against the background, some removed, canister and powerhead outlets moved slightly to give better water movement over the entire tank.

Will give it at least 24 hours to clear and settle and will grab an updated pic

fish.gif
mm good luck happy to here....

Ooppss lol Here it is
5ft8thDec20141a.jpg

Now......i rescaped the tank today lol. Actually i fully pulled it down so i could dose the algae on the background with straight excel. So we now have a sparkling clean tank that looks nothing like the above :D

As the tank is now, still needs to clear a bit but its not too bad considering

5ft23rdFeb2015.jpg

Wow, a very big and beautiful change. I bet the cories are loving that jungle to play in. Do you have any close ups of them? :)

Thank Nin :)

I'll be picking up some more cories for the tank tomorrow, sadly i lost some of the original school.

I noticed tonight one of the black widows has a large wound on its side, i'll be trying to catch it tomorrow to put in a hospital tank with some salt, the fish is acting perfectly fine, so it has a good chance of recovery

I love the 3d background, What is it made of?

Thank you :). Foam and render (cement product), then sealed

That's what I figured.
How do you prevent water getting between the glass and Styrofoam? Do I need to silicone all the way around to stop the water getting in?

I had to put a 3d background into my tank as my betta could see his reflection.

mbhlbc.jpg

I'm sure water gets between them, hasnt caused any issues though so far.

I silicone it the best i can, mainly to prevent fish from getting behind rather than water :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back