FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

:-( I'm so sorry AlasseĀ 
rip.gif
Ā Hope he makes it!

So i am down to 3 angels left
sad.png

Ā 
This thing is vicious, i takes hold so fast and kills them within hours, the only one that has improved is the large male angel. The large female is showing no signs so far, the only white angel left appears healthy (but you cant see the film on them!)
Ā 
Nothing else in the tank has come down with it, just the angels.
Ā 
The male has at least another week in treatment before he can go back to the 5ft. The tank will stay as it is to make sure the problem has gone, then i will slowly start restocking the angels back up to numbers

Really really hope the rest of them make it. I hate that you're having to go through this :(

It happens Nin, just gotta ride the wave

The male is now home and very happy about that, and so is his lady friend. He has not come out completely unscathed, he will, i think, have a permanent deformity of one of his pectoral fins. But he is alive and i am very grateful for that!!
Ā 
All the other fish appear to be fit and healthy, so hopefully we are in the clear and on the way forward again

So glad he's doing better, hope his pectoral fin heals up but he'll be beautiful regardless.

So all things have now settled in this tank, thank the fishy gods!!
Ā 
I'll be starting to restock in the coming weeks.
Ā 
Thinking of changing the decor around a little bit too, just to make vacuuming the sand a bit easier.

Does the wood get in the way for you? I know it does in mine..urgh. :p Can't wait to see what you come up with and glad you can start restocking!

Its not the wood in the way, its the swords, so i am thinking of pulling them from this tank, i love the way they look but they are hoarding debris and that isnt suitable for me. The wood i usually just move to the side to get the gunk out then put it back :)
Ā 
Yeah i am excited to be getting some new angels into the tank, they will need to go through quarantine first for 2-3 weeks though

nice tank, with the swords why don't you just gently fan (with your hand) to move the waste into a spot so you can get it? that's what i did when i had a sand substrate.

Tired that, cant get it clean enough to my satisfaction. So they will be moving out to another tank :)

Ohh mah gosh! Beautiful tank and beautiful fishies too!Ā Ā 
wub.png
How can you have so many amazing tanks! Not fair!

Soooooo been thinking lolĀ The 2 BN (2.5ft) tanks that are under the 5ft, i'm debating moving them out and onto the 3ft two tiered stand i have.
Ā 
Then getting a 5ft x 15" x 13" made to fit underneath.............all the BN will then go into the same tank, leaving me two 2.5fts empty (rubs hands together lol)

Sooo gave this tank a good substrate clean today, when i moved the wood, i notice the val is starting to spread itself around, very happy with that!!
Ā 
Since i removed some of the swords, the remaining ones are looking a bit better, will see how they go (and will try to grab some root tabs for them), if they dont cope they will also be pulled and something more suited put in
Ā 
All the fish are doing very nicely....will update a pic soon

The 4ft double light is working again (a friend fixed the switch for me that was not connecting properly), so this is now back over the 5ft. Gives a much nicer overall look not having to have 2 single units sitting on the top.

I will be spraying the hood black next week and this will be put back on the tank also.

Most reactions

Back