5ft Comunity Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sp00ky

Moved On
Reaction score
Now this is my 5ft tank in my lounge. its mainly a livebearer tank and also has black, neon, lemon and white tip tets in there along with a HUGE red tail albino shark, a massive clown loach, a botia of some kind, 2 plecs ( only young ones) a red tropical crab and the rest are mollies, plats, gups etc. The first few pics are the current look of it and the last few pics are from when i first set it up.

5fta.jpg

5ftb.jpg

5ftc.jpg

5ftearlya.jpg

5ftearlyb.jpg

5ftearlyc.jpg

5ftearlyd.jpg

5ftearlye.jpg

5ftearlyf.jpg

how many fish are in there?

looks like loads!

not that many really. i could count them, but the blighters wont stay still long enough heheheh

Is that a diy hood? It looks great!

indeed it is. there is one on my nursery tank as well as one of my betta tanks and i also have one for the birthing tank which just needs pva'ing before i put it on :)

I couldn't see the clown loach :-(

But the tank looks great :good:

he only comes out at night... he spends all his daylight hours hiding round the back of the rocks huddled up with the shark and the big botia thing. Im sure their plotting something !

That hood is very nicely made but I especially like those teddies on top. :lol:

thats one of my other hobbies. i collect bad taste bears. i have over 100 at the moment :)

Thats one busy tank, it looks great. I bet there is loads to check out in it. :good:

Where did you get your stand from?

Nice tank and stand :good:

i had the tank given by a friend. it had been left on someones veranda (SP) for some time and he was given it. it was stodd in his back garden and he just said take it. so i brought it home, cleaned it up and i put the chrome edging strips on. I then did the hood for it and the stand was actually part of a 2 tier stand which i chopped in half. it had been stood in a garden for a long time and had gone all rusty so i sanded it down and painted it with silver hammerite. i still have the other half to it in my garden. its 2" x 2" box metal.

Great size tank and great DIY job there :good:
At first glance it's a very busy tank - but I think it "looks" busier than it is because of the busy background. Perhaps a plain (black for deep blue) would look better :)

Ps, you need to water that plant on the floor on the right ! ;)

Great size tank and great DIY job there :good:
At first glance it's a very busy tank - but I think it "looks" busier than it is because of the busy background. Perhaps a plain (black for deep blue) would look better :)

Ps, you need to water that plant on the floor on the right ! ;)

it looks that busy cause they all thought they were gonna get fed LOL. I need that back ground in because for the life in me i cannot get plants to grow in it. my 4ft which is in the same position in my house, just a floor up is wonderful and i have to crop things back and relocate them at least once a fortnight. but the plants in the 5ft are just poo !

i know what you mean about the blue though. i was thinking of painting them all the same colour as the betta tank im modifying at the moment, but im unsure if i can do it whilst its full... what with glass being porus and all.

the plant has been watered no hehehehehe. can you remind me again in another week !

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back