55Gal Livebearer Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The tank will be stocked with livebearers. I'm hoping to get wild strains not commonly found in aquarium stores.

Feel abit stuiped now as it says it in the title lol...... Anyway lovely and get a few pics up when you get some fish in it Atb

Expecting delivery of some Opaline Pearl Red Hybrid Endler’s Livebearers from a breeder in Montreal. I'm expecting 12 in all. I don't know how many of them will make the trip, but that depends on how carefully Canada Post handles them I guess. Here are a couple pictures the breeder sent of the variety he's developing:

Pearl_Red_1.jpg

Pear_Red_2.jpg

He calls the ones he's giving me his culls, as their appearance wasn't quite what he's aiming for, but still, they are very nice looking fish. As described by the breeder they "have an oyster metallic sheen to the entire body with orange red tail and dorsal. Some Endler spots occur in the bar area, normally seen in Endlers. The tail sometimes forms an orange crescent. As they swim they shine."

To be fair, these were photos provided to me by the breeder. Today, after I've come home from work, I will be taking pictures of the fish sent to me, as well as finally completing the video progress I've been working on. But I do have to agree, the fish do look great!

And here, for your viewing pleasure, is the long awaited video of my set up as promised. The video includes photos from the initial placement of the aquarium and video of the Endler's Livebearers I just recently received. I hope you all enjoy the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFUA3jA9cA[/youtube]

Future videos to come..

Axyadbad said:
Nice tank!! You expecting to fill it with babies?
wahey.gif

I should say with livebearers, especially Endler's Livebearers, that would be inevitable. In fact, I believe one of the females is pregnant. I'm keeping a close watch for anything that develops. I did find, to my disappointment, a few snails. They most likely came with the plants.

Just received a shipment of Calico Mickey Mouse Platies today. I will post pics of them tomorrow when they've had a chance to get use to the tank. It was a little funny when I put the bag in the water to level out the temperature. All the endlers came to visit the newcomers. They were all excited to see some new friends. Tomorrow, when the lights come on I'll be able to see how they are all getting along. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to today since they literally arrived an hour before I had to go to work, so I had just enough time to acclimate them to the tank water.

Oh, and I desperately need to get an algae scrubber. It's growing all over the glass.

Well, as I mentioned, yesterday I received my Mickey Mouse platies and now, after a day, they've had a chance to get settled into the tank. I've noticed that they've begun to pair off. As promised, here are a couple of photos of them in my tank:

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Thanks. Just wait until I get some swords in there. I will be heading off to the LFS tomorrow after what promises to be a long grueling day at work to pick up 6 Koi swordtails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back