FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TheHoodGuy8

Reaction score
Hi I set up a 55 gallon aquarium and I have some stocking ideas from a previous post.
- Already cycled
* Ph = 7.8 - 8.52 units.
* GH = 159 - 164 ppm
* Calcium = 47 - 78.5 ppm

Fish I'm thinking about stocking with:
- 2 Large schools of tetra (probably cardinals and something else)
- 3 oto cats
- 1 Small Unique pleco variant

Then I'm stuck on some fish that I'm not sure are compatible or not...
- Male Betta and some small south American cichlids
- Gourami, Dwarf Gourami, and Honey Gourami combo
- 5/6 Angelfish & some south American cichlids

Are any of these possible? If not any ideas on what I can add thats on the larger side? Anything I can add with a Male Betta?

Attachments

• 20210210_212316.jpg
    20210210_212316.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 77
You can't get 5/6 angels in a 55 gallon. That amount requires at least a 100 gallon. For the algae eater, I'd choose one or the other. If you go with ottos, 6-8 of them is minimum. 10 is a good number. If you go with a pleco, an acistrus, gold nugget pleco and clown pleco are good choices. Be careful with the last two i mentioned as they tend to be a bit more expensive. Cardinals are a good choice to go with angels. I just want to add that you can only really have 1 angel in that size of a tank.

I'd get a few more ottos than just the three, they are a loosley schooling species and in a tank that size 3 would get a bit lost you would be better with 8 or so.

Dont put a betta in a big tank you'd be better of getting a 5 gallon to go next to the big one :) With the gourami, there are a couple of combinations but I'd stay away from any of the Opaline Gourami because they can get quite aggressive if you want to keep them as a group and avoid the Dwarfs because of how wide spread diseases are in them. A trio of Pearl Gourami would look good and you could get a couple of Honey Gourami with them or you could go for the smaller Sparkling Gourami which would look better with the Pearls as they have similar colours and patterning.

I agree with @Fish4dawin the Angel route probably wont work, equally if you want smaller tetras like Cardinals you are better of with dwarfs rather than larger cichlids.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back