55 Gallon Planted Tank Journal (and axolotl tank build)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ahhhh. We have a very nice store here, they have a really great fish selection, and I think they would take the Cories back, but if they won’t I can sell them on Craigslist something. Hmmm I wonder what kind of Cory they sold you!
He showed a photo of the Salt n Pepper Habrosus. Then sent/sold me the peppered cory. Massive size difference. The peppered get to 3 inches, the pygmy get to an inch, sometimes just over an inch. Peppered are commons, the pygmy Habrosus are harder to find.

Pic of the corys?
No, but they are Peppered Cory's about three quarters of an inch long. Nothing like Salt and Pepper Cory's that remain about 1 inch. And they get 3 inches long and thick. I believe I have someone that wants them. And the seller sent a reply back about a full refund. We shall see.....

Thought I’d update, I forgot I made this! I got more plants, took out the dragon stone, re adjusted the driftwood and added some more sand
4C61CA4A-50DF-4A7B-A466-859254CD29DE.jpeg

Unfortunately the acara got really really aggressive with the other fish, so I took him back to the LFS today. The LFS took my bloodfin tetras too, and I’m going for something completely different with my tank. My axolotl (originally I called him Kirby, but I’m rethinking his name) is going in here and I’m rescaping it to suit his needs. The Pygmy cories and pleco are going in my 20 gallon long tank

Agreed, looks great...I like nice open spaces in the middle of tanks

Sorry about the acara. Will the Axolotl be in there solo?
I was sad, but they gave me $23 store credit for the acara and tetras, so it makes it a little easier! Yep, the axolotl will be in there on his own for now. I may potentially get a second one when I know if mine is a boy or a girl.(I believe most reputable breeders recommend 3 as the max in a 55)

I just got home from dropping off the tetras and acara, and this is how the tank looks after the struggle of catching them
1AFEEED9-4637-4FE7-8ECD-194E9747B3D6.jpeg

my plan:
Sort out the 20 gallon long tank for the current inhabitants
Pull all the plants out and sort them
Clean the substrate
Clean the filters with dechlornated water
Rearrange the sand
Lay rocks
Plant the plants
75% water change
Move in the axolotl

this should take like at least two hours!

I just got home from dropping off the tetras and acara, and this is how the tank looks after the struggle of catching themView attachment 144789

my plan:
Sort out the 20 gallon long tank for the current inhabitants
Pull all the plants out and sort them
Clean the substrate
Clean the filters with dechlornated water
Rearrange the sand
Lay rocks
Plant the plants
75% water change
Move in the axolotl

this should take like at least two hours!
Good work! And good luck on rearranging everything. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back