50 of the best public aquariums in the world.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score

Have YOU visited any of the listed aquariums? If you did visit any of them, how was your experience?

Last edited:
Been to the third one on the list, in 2018, and I wouldn't say it is good. The main aquariums at the Georgia aquarium are interesting in regards to fish watching, but there was a distinct lack of real information and often very clear miss-information, in particular with the marine mammals. The dolphins in particular did not have enough room in my opinion, nor did the river otters. In my opinion the aquarium's main concern was getting paying visitors in, and the big tank definitely did that. Other than the main tank, and the show there wasn't much to learn or see.

Sorry for raining on the parade, but I ended up feeling sorry for most of the inhabitants of the aquarium, I would be ok with that a bit more if the staff and descriptions provided better information about the creatures on display.

The adventure aquarium In Denver was absolutely amazing when it came to freshwater fish. Probably my favorite just due to the freshwater displays

I’ve only been to the Shedd and the Tennessee Aquarium.

The National Aquarium in Baltimore is terrific for freshwater and salt water animals. But it is a bit pricey, especially if you want to take the the family. The New York Aquarium in Brooklyn is terrible. Stay away.

I have visited number 29 on several occasions. It is pretty easy to get to for me. It features a lot of typical "large public aquarium displays" which, I suppose, it should, being a large public aquarium. Copenhagen University has an aquarium open to the public, located in Helsingør. It is A LOT SMALLER, and focuses on local species, with a few oddballs. It is a working research place though, so can be untidy, and scruffy, but there are some smart folk around, and if you are lucky, you can get one of them to chat to you about the work being done behind the scene. https://www.oresundsakvariet.ku.dk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back