50 Gallons VS 125 Gallons

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DGJ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Starting to look into the marine side of the hobby!! The colors are just too tempting too resist! :p

If cost and space are not an issue, I wanted to open up a discussion around what is best, 50g or 125g?

Now I know the immediate answer is that bigger is better and always buy the biggest tank you can afford.

However - in my opinion there is just something so aesthetically pleasing about the cube of the 50g and having the fish swim around this island of coral (might just be me!!! :lol:).

What's everyone's thoughts? What does everyone have, would love to see pictures.

@PheonixKingZ (sorry if you dont like getting @'d)
i think a 125 is better, you can get way more fish
pk has a 49gallon i think and it looks really cool too with 2 clownfish

Hey everyone,

Starting to look into the marine side of the hobby!! The colors are just too tempting too resist! :p

If cost and space are not an issue, I wanted to open up a discussion around what is best, 50g or 125g?

Now I know the immediate answer is that bigger is better and always buy the biggest tank you can afford.

However - in my opinion there is just something so aesthetically pleasing about the cube of the 50g and having the fish swim around this island of coral (might just be me!!! :lol:).

What's everyone's thoughts? What does everyone have, would love to see pictures.
Cube tanks are really cool in my opinion, as everything is sort of contained.

However, you have limited stocking options, due to the restricted swim space.

—-

I would personally get the 125g, just because you would have way more stocking options.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've looked around and think I have settled on the bigger is better and will most likely be going ahead with the Read Sea Max 650 at 175 gallons.

Has anyone got experience of this aquarium? Is it truly a straight plug and play with nothing extra to purchase?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back