5 gallon rescape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Here is my new 5 gallon rescape.Do you like it? I thought if I took the wood away it would make a good iwagumi except one thing.Ignore the cloudiness and plants just planted them today

upload_2017-3-12_18-33-31.png

also I fear wif I take the wood away rocks will fall

Last edited:
It looks great! Definitely post an update when the plants grow in c:

Following this.

You might consider putting in a bit of Blue Stricta

Is that a Cory on the sand? Please do not keep cories alone and only in a 5 gal.

Thats a real nice piece of wood, personally if that was my tank I'd leave the wood tbh.

In saying that, the rock set up is pretty good and can see what you mean about Iwagumi style.

If you want a Iwagumi style set up, best to go all the way rather than a half hearted attempt methinks as a nicey set up iwagumi can be stunning. Iwagumi tends to have a nice carpet of grass which I know to be a demanding plant so at very least would need good lights and co2 set up as well as ferts, not really for the beginner but if you do your homework then certainly could be possible :)

BTW I agree about the cory comment, pic is a little burry to tell exactly if its actually a cory or not.
But anyway all cories and very social shoaling fish specie that roam in their hundreds if not in their thousands in their natural habitats, truly a stunning sight.

Yes that is a cory he will be moving soon so do not worry.He is just in there for a while so I can watch him to make sure no illness is present,and as I see none sometime this week he will be moved to a place with buddies.

Also will get another picture out today as cloudiness cleared up.Will consider blue stricta idea.

upload_2017-3-22_16-58-32.png
Update:Diatoms have exploded going to get new imagitarium filter sponges saturday plants have grown a bit more.Trimming will be done soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back