5 gallon betta fish tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bettafishlover86

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I am getting a 5 gallon tank tomorrow for my betta fish. I have 1 anubias and 1 el nino fern. I also have a little cave decoration. Where do yall think I should put the plants?

Hello guys,
I am getting a 5 gallon tank tomorrow for my betta fish. I have 1 anubias and 1 el nino fern. I also have a little cave decoration. Where do yall think I should put the plants?
I think I maybe be a bit late but has the tank cycled? Also, what type of anubias is it? I would put it near the front on the ground for bottom cover and the el nino fern should be placed near the middle or back of the tank... Also, you should get some floating plants due to the fact that bettas like top cover because they mostly stay towards the mid and top sections of the tank

I think I maybe be a bit late but has the tank cycled? Also, what type of anubias is it? I would put it near the front on the ground for bottom cover and the el nino fern should be placed near the middle or back of the tank... Also, you should get some floating plants due to the fact that bettas like top cover because they mostly stay towards the mid and top sections of the tank
I am using cycled filter/cartridges

Hello there :)
Betta does prefer low water parameters such as :
pH 6 to 7
hardness (GH) below 8
alkalinity below 6
and of course zero ammonia, zero nitrites and zero nitrates.

For example, here are the kind of tanks a Betta loves to live in :

A betta 2.jpg
A betta 3.jpg

A betta 5.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back