4ft Tank Idea's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

carpus

Reaction score
could i keep Cichlids in a 37 gallon tank .
if i could which fish could i keep and how many
the tank is 48x15x12 and i live in a hard water area

Well your water is hard (so i'm assuming your pH is around 7.5 to 8.0?), then I'd go with africans. If you wanna mess with your pH (bogwood, peet) then you could lower it and there are many dwarf New worlds that you can pair in your tank and would be a wonderful community fish.

Most Cichlids are aggressive and territorial so check before you buy. If it were me I'd go for a group of Keyholes, a very peaceful Cichlid, a group of Corys ( pandas are my fav ) and a Plec or 2, there are some great ones out there.

Id get an Apisto community going, with 3 pairs, and some corys, hachetfish, and possably a plec or two...
I know a good breeder, with loads of hard to get, and often wild or F1 fish, if your interested.

Mikey :good:

Apisto community in a 4 ft tank would be amazing, mix that with some Rams maybe and you got a lovely setup :)

or possibly some tangs, lamprologus, bircardis are ace, we had 6 of them untill recently and they were great to watch......

could i keep Cichlids in a 37 gallon tank .
if i could which fish could i keep and how many
the tank is 48x15x12 and i live in a hard water area

Well it depends on how agressive you want your fish. If you want an easy setup then I would get one Severum and Four Silver Dollars. Silver Dollars can go with just about any type of fish you want, well minus neon tetras and stuff like that, and Severums are not that agressive at all.

:good: thanks for all the info

theirs just to many fish to choose from.
ive got a while yet anyway as i havent got the tank up and running yet

i'll keep you all posted on the setting up and then when its all done the stocking

cheers
Daz

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back