4Ft Community Tank Start To Finish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok, had a great Christmas and new year, kids absolutely loved it !.

SERIOUS FISHY DILEMA (also posting in emergencies)
My giant danios, allthough still at 4, I have 2 missing both eyes, 1 missing 1 eye and 1 completely fine. Thinking back, I only ever 'recovered' 2 bodies thought out my dissearance madness and both them had their eyes missing. I put it down to them being dead in the tank and a scavenger taking advantage.

I'm now wondering if something Has been killing them off 1 by 1 eyes first ? If I can solve this problem I would love to restock the giant danios as I think thy are great but don't want to risk putting anymore fish at harm. Anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

After discussing my dilemma in fish emergency post we think it maybe the black ghost knife fish doing the eyeball eating. I have started moving all my neons And harlequins across to my fish tank at work but it is a slow process as I don't want to over do the filter. Moved across the harlequins on Monday and will wait 2 weeks to do the neons. I chose to move the harlequins first as the neons are much bigger than them.
I have decided also that I am going to get some pearl gouramis on my way home tonight ( if pets at home has any) and have a gourami community with the ghost knife fish as a centre piece.

I know a lot of people tear their hair out And say you can't have gourami only community tanks but after consulting 3 different forums and sales advisors at many shops, I have come to a conclusion that they are kinda like cichlids in that as long as you have quite a few, the aggression will be shared out more.

Hopefully will update tonight.

Cheers for now

Just a quick update. I ended u waiting till yesterday to get some new pearls. I've gone the whole 9 yards and switching everything round in the tank too to try eliminate territories etc.

image.jpg

Chilling out gouramis
image.jpg

Full tank shot or new/current layout (please excuse the mess)
image.jpg

Cheers

Most reactions

Back