FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PygmyMitch

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my 48 litre tank which I have been Setting up for a while. I plan for this tank to be home to a male Betta fish, and a small school of fish, and maybe some shrimp or snails. There are currently no fish in the tank, but I do have 4 Echindorous Bleheri, plants and some Salvinia Auriculata, floating plants. I also plan to fill the from left corner of the tank with some small, low down plants. Any recommendations on what plants I should add to the tank, and what other fish I could have a long with a Betta. Thanks.

Attachments

• 31992839-D0F3-4C2A-82FB-192667D28DB6.jpeg
    31992839-D0F3-4C2A-82FB-192667D28DB6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,615
  • 6CE1F8E5-2F1B-45D2-98C6-2B70E0FA48FF.jpeg
    6CE1F8E5-2F1B-45D2-98C6-2B70E0FA48FF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
It looks great! For a betta I would not recommend putting any fish with him. It may seemingly be fine for months or even years but one day he will almost certainly change his mind and you will come home to a tank full of dead fish.

Snails are usually ok with bettas.

Shrimp can be ok but it is common for the betta to kill them, so I would just start with a few to see how it goes

Edit: do you know what your GH and PH is? Depending on what it is if you decide to go with another fish rather than betta I have some ideas :)

Thanks Juicebox, and yeah I have read up on many different sites about mixing bettas with other fish. And come across many different opinions and scenarios of people keeping bettas with other fish. Some people saying you can, and some saying you shouldn’t.

I think it comes down to the personality of the individual betta, you choose. Maybe i should try a betta with snails and/or shrimps first ? to see how the betta would act!

Yeah the GH is 30 and the PH is 7.0

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back