46 gal Planted Tank Stocking.

Well which would you enjoy having more?

Ive got a fancy lionhead ranchu cross and he is adorable and one of my favourite fish to watch, hes just so cute and happy go lucky.

You could happily fit 2 in the 46g no problems, perhaps with some white cloud mountain minnows as dither fish.

I think you'd find the goldfish very endearing and they win people over real fast.
That is the thing, I am SUPER indecisive so I don't know, I have always liked schooling fish and goldfish so I never know which one to get.

Well, white cloud mountain minnows ARE schooling fish. A group of 10 with the 2 fancy goldfish i think would be a great compromise between both and goldies would like to have dither fish around to feel more at ease too

I have a 46 gal Bowfront tank, I was going to make a sort of cliff scape. It will have Anubias, Java Fern, and Java Moss. In trems of fish I was going to have 6 Cory Cats, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, a pair of Bolivian Rams, some sort of schooling fish, and a Dwarf Gourami if I have the space.
I wouldn't put Rams and gouramis together.
Both are territorial and may pick on one another.
In the wild neons and dwarf pencil fish are most often found with Rams.

I know I have not responded for a while, but I finally have some sort of hardscape. I am changing to original plants that I said I was going to use.

Here is the new list:
Vallisneria as a background
Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus to fill in empty space
Red Dwarf Aquarium Lily in the back corner to add color
Anubias Nana Petite for the front near the rocks
Anubias Bateri for cover and it is a broad leafed plant
Java Moss to cover the sticks with

All of this is going to be planted on the right third of the tank. There will be some sticks coming out of the plants, and going into the open water.
These are the sticks I will be using: 20210328_135754.jpg

I have a couple stocking options of my own.

The first is:
8 Congo Tetras for top to medium water
20 Ember Teatras to swim through the plants
6 Hi-Fin Pepper Corydoras for the bottom

Second:
12 Zebra and Leopard Danios
Some schooling fish
6 Hi-Fin Pepper Corydoras

If you have not noticed, I like schooling fish. I would not mind having 1 centerpiece fish with schooling fish around it.

I would love any ideas, and Thank You in advance

Final Stocking Choices:
8 Congo Tetras
14 Silvertip Tetras
12 Black Phantom Tetras
6 Hi-Fin Pepper Corydoras

Most reactions

trending

Back