450L Tank - What Would You Stock And Why?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You could have severums, gold, red spot & Rotkeil are the most colourfull ones. There are some really beautiful coloured acara species too, but steer clear of green terror and blue acara if you are going for angels.

So Severums and Acaras would get on fine with my current stock? I see them as the next best thing to colourful Mbuna in my eyes.

How many could I stock in a 450L tank with say 6 Angels and a large Plec?

Cheers,

Ryan

PS: Could I add a pair of Red Festae as a centre piece or would they eat my Dwarf Cichlids and attack the Angels?

They would definately eat the smaller fish and attack the angels.

Okay, keeping away from those then.

Just need to sort out my stocking numbers now, any help?

The fish I want are:

Large Plec
Severums
Acaras
Angels
Firemouths?

Fish I already have are:

1 L333
2 Umbrella Cichlids
2 Cockatoo Cichlids
2 German Blue Rams
5 Emperor Tetras
6 Leopard Cories
6 Albino Cories
6 Kuhli Loaches
6 Platies
13 Platinum Tetras - Hoping they'll be ok with the bigger fish.

So, with 450L, how many of the above fish can I stock with the stock I already have?

Hmmmm, after doing some internet research, I've read that Red Parrot, Electric Yellow, Yellow Tail Acei and Frontosia Resimler are fairly peaceful Cichlids... Would any of the aforementioned fish be 'ok' with smaller tank mates?

Anyone?

Just want to get everything set for when the tank arrives. FX5 shall be here tomorrow, will I be able to run it on my 110L to help start maturing the media, or will it be too much for the tank?

So hard deciding between a community tank and a Cichlid setup...

Anyone?

Just want to get everything set for when the tank arrives. FX5 shall be here tomorrow, will I be able to run it on my 110L to help start maturing the media, or will it be too much for the tank?

So hard deciding between a community tank and a Cichlid setup...
i think the FX5 will blast the 110L apart :lol: you can slow the flow rate down but i wouldnt want to do it for long as it may put extra pressure on the power head.

FX5, Seachem Matrix (2L) and 2x Rena 300w heaters turned up today...

Now all I need to do is decide on my flipping stocking!!!!!!!!

Decided my stocking with the help from Wills...

1 Gold Severum/Red Dotted Severum
1 Rotkeil Severum
4 Geophagus Surinimensis
4 Geophagus sp. Tapajo Red Head2
2 Blue Rams
3 Apistogramma Borelli - 1 male 2 female
3 Apistogramma Cacatuoides - 1 male 2 female
8 Denison Barbs
8 Columbian Tetras
8 Emperor Tetras
8 Green Lazer Cories
8 Leopard Cories
3 L333
3 Whiptail plecs
3 Golden Wonder Killfish

Can't wait to get the tank and start aquqscaping! Now, black sand or not?!.........

Ryan :)

67 fish seems quite a lot for a 450L although not all are big so it could work :good:

the whiptails must have been wills idea :)

are you getting the rotkeil from star?

Yea I understand Matt, but we don't all have a 10" minimum rule ;) haha...

I'm flexible on:

8 Columbian Tetras
8 Green Lazer Cories

These will be added last, if at all...

I'll obviously only add about 5 fish at a time, if it seems too crowed, I'll have to cut some out.

Definitely getting the Sevs and barbs though, they're going to be my prize fish!

Again, the Sevs and the Geos are the only fish of any size, all the others are pretty small.

the whiptails must have been wills idea :)

are you getting the rotkeil from star?

Yea, Wills convinced me to go for the Whiptails, hoping to get hold of some nice red specimens.

I'll be getting the Rotkeil off Star if they're still for sale...

yeah the best thing is to just see how it goes and stock slowly. if it looks like its getting too full then hold back on a few fish. im sure it will be great and there are some nice fish in the list :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back